Signs you're getting old

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    What was this thread about again :oops:

Oh yes very important to always carry a spare inner tube.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I bought a Honda.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    When you start to fancy the mother instead of the daughter :o
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    feel wrote:
    What was this thread about again :oops:

Oh yes very important to always carry a spare inner tube.

Brilliant.nearly did an age related.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    The test is a fit member of the opposite sex.

If it invokes lustful thoughts - you're OK

If it brings back memories - you're old!
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    edited November 2007
    HungryCol wrote:
    Listening to talk radio and finding it interesting.
    thinking that back pain is part of everyday life
    You look at a station wagon car in a new light.
    You can tell a good wine from a bad one

Def agree with those HungryCol. I love the phone in on five live in the morning but only if Victoria Derbyshire is hosting. I've already started checking out mobile homes on the internet!! FFS. Love my wine although I'm not drinking it at the moment because it's got to the stage where I have a couple of glasses and have to get up at 2am to go and drink some water. I see an osteopath on a regular basis now just to make sure my back doesn't go again - I love that half hour of rubbing and manipulation though so I carry on going even though I'm not in pain anymore :) .

Will I ever dress from head to foot in beige? Will I cut off my long hair and have it in a tight perm and colour it blue?
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    popette wrote:
    Will I ever dress from head to foot in beige? Will I cut off my long hair and have it in a tight perm and colour it blue?

Well i sure know that i won't :lol: Just wish i had some long hair to cut off :oops:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    popette wrote:

No. But however you do dress when you're old will be seen in that same light by young(er) people...

And your name will probably be the equivalent of Ethel or Phyllis by then. Probably because all the cool youngsters will once again be called Ethel or Phyllis.....!
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    When you see someone with the label on the outside of their shirt collor and you tell they have it inside out. :wink:
    bagpuss
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    :idea: :?: :arrow: :!:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I now have a few gray hairs on my chin and I dont recover from a 'night out' with the lads as quick as I did a decade ago but I also think thats down to good living as I dont drink often now. I have nephews and neices in secondary school now and two kids of my own and for some strange reason I dont sleep as long as I used to.

The good news is that I am wiser(age 36) now and this year I had the form of my life and have probably never been fitter than summer 2007.
    Brian B.
  • You get you new year's race licence and is has that M word on it:

"Masters"
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    When you get a letter from your doctors saying you can have a free flu jab!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...you start getting up early...up at 5.30 me... :(
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • popette
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...you start getting up early...up at 5.30 me... :(

I never used to make it in for 9am lectures and now I'm up around 6 most days. That's what having toddlers in the house does for you though. Remember the days of staying in bed, preferably with loved one, until midday or beyond????
  • ChrisLS
    ...yeah, my 18 year old daughter is at uni and sometimes she phones me at 2.30 in the afternoon to say she has just woken up. :o

I do remember the long lie ins...with a loved one...the same loved one that now says it's time to get up and get all the chores done :(
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    A lie-in, I had to go and look that one up. Since mini-McBain came onto the scene a "late morning" means that I'm still in bed at 0610. Still, he does make sure that I have plenty of time to prep the bike before setting off on Sunday at 0830 :D

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • popette
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    A lie-in, I had to go and look that one up. Since mini-McBain came onto the scene a "late morning" means that I'm still in bed at 0610. :D

yep, I feel your pain. I sometimes wake up with a start to find a remote controller being pointed at my head. I can press 614 on my sky remote without even looking.
  • popette wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    A lie-in, I had to go and look that one up. Since mini-McBain came onto the scene a "late morning" means that I'm still in bed at 0610. :D

yep, I feel your pain. I sometimes wake up with a start to find a remote controller being pointed at my head. I can press 614 on my sky remote without even looking.

Is that Cbeebies?
  • Not CBeebies! That's the first thing I hear in the morning. "Can I turn the telly on" usually followed by Lunar Jim or something.

I've found the best thing to do is set the digibox up so it's on 71 before I go to bed and the volume is at a reasonable level, then turn the telly off. They turn the telly on and get entranced. Then I get an extra 45 mins.

Other signs of getting old (I feel old and I'm only 27).

- A good stretch or a scratch is better than sex.
    - I'm getting grey hair.
    - Most of the people at work are younger than me.
    - I don't get R&B and all that.
    - I spend half my day looking at property prices and school ofsted reports.
    - I don't even know what a Blu-Ray is.
    - I have a BBC micro and still know how to use it.
  • popette
    edited November 2007

:shock:
  • bagpusscp
    When you go to bed and your teeth stare at you. :cry:
    bagpuss
  • ChrisLS
    ...when you have a draw full of old plastic bags...

...when you have a cup of tea and say,"oooh that's nice, I needed that"
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237

That's because R&B is supposed to stand for Rhythm & Blues, rather than the Rap & Bollox that is pedalled under the name now :evil:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • popette wrote:

No way! I'm not that old yet then :lol: actually, you're about 10 years past your peak if you're 27 and at 33, I don't think I have peaked yet :lol:

That's cos you don't have balls
    Dan
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Getting drawn in to stupid pointless arguments on the internet :roll:

Senility beckons....
  • the other day I decided it would be nice to have a posh pen for work.

I'm 24 and a half. :?
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • McBain_v1 wrote:

That's because R&B is supposed to stand for Rhythm & Blues, rather than the Rap & Bollox that is pedalled under the name now :evil:

I never got that either!
  • bagpusscp

NOT gettings things..............................................................like sex..................................................................or ..................................R&B
    bagpuss