GT idirve XCR 5, anygood???

2»

Comments

• Guys,
    I've read through the posts above so took a look on the Halfords site.
    Theres a new I-drive 5 on there called the elite
    spec:
    Features and Benefits
    # GT I-Drive 5 full suspension frame with I-Drive suspension system and 5 inches of travel
    # Rock Shox Monarch 3.1 rear shock with rebound and Floodgate adjustment
    # Rock Shox Revelation 409 fork with 130mm travel, Motion Control adjustable damping, floodgate and lock out
    # Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors
    # Shimano Deore LX/ XT Shadow 27 speed gearing
    # Truvativ Firex GXP chainset with GIGA X pipe BB
    # Maxxis Ignitor 2.3 tyres
    # WTB Laser Disc rims with cartridge bearing hubs
    # SDG Bel Air saddle
    # GT oversize bar and stem

I'm a bit confused, the old xcr 5 is still detailed on there, no mention of a new one 2008 so can only assume the elite replaces the xcr 5? Also there was mention of the bike being black - however its more sky blue than anything:) and has a price tag of £1099.99

There also seems to be some confusion with the spec of halfords bikes, their site says one thing but a trip to the store tells a different story.
    Example: Site says the xcr 5 comes with Suntour Epicon 140mm travel for, but it has Rock Shox Recon's in real life?

I want to get one of these bikes in January - but im totally confused as to what Halfords currently have and will potentially have.

Cheers
  • The Elite is sky blue, and the OTHER halfords i-Drive is black, Iv got them in my store, Ill get the spec and post on here tomorrow.