FAO: Avi

2»

Comments

• it must be said, the obvious thing ukmb has over here is traffic. A conversation can actually occur there, or when a question is posted, you know it will be answered within 30 minutes, not 2 days.

While I've had my little moans about the rules, I feel it is generally a very good forum, not for bike talk, it barely exists, but as a social forum for organising events.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    it must be said, the obvious thing ukmb has over here is traffic. A conversation can actually occur there, or when a question is posted, you know it will be answered within 30 minutes, not 2 days.

While I've had my little moans about the rules, I feel it is generally a very good forum, not for bike talk, it barely exists, but as a social forum for organising events.

I disagree.

Considering I left it about an hour since I last checked there is already a page of active topics waiting. I'd say that was a fairly active forum.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    True, but that's split over the whole Forum, not just in the one place that really counts - The Sandbox...
  • I think its quite good here. I had a very small experience of the old place, I kind of agree that it is a little slow but that will only get better as the site gets older and more people join/post etc...

The sandbox is relatively busy, can ANYTHING go in there?
  • I think its quite good here. I had a very small experience of the old place, I kind of agree that it is a little slow but that will only get better as the site gets older and more people join/post etc...

The sandbox is relatively busy, can ANYTHING go in there?

Not compared to what it was on MBUK, or how it is on UKMB.
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    on the old mbuk sandbox you could refresh your internet every few minutes and there was bound to be something new
  • El Capitano
    Dan67 wrote:
    on the old mbuk sandbox you could refresh your internet every few minutes and there was bound to be something new

Eh? More like every 10 seconds... :D
  • You mean like its been over 2 hours since someone has replied to your last post?
    It'll get better with time, and with more people joining and posting etc...
  • TSawyer
    TSawyer Posts: 721
    Dan67 wrote:
    on the old mbuk sandbox you could refresh your internet every few split seconds and there was bound to be something new
  • In fact I take back my comments about it being fairly busy in here - Its not. Theres like 2 or 3 posts per day here, there'll only be 2 more now for the rest of today!
  • so, whats new in the new sandbox, they wont let us what? be a bit sarcy every now and then? or is it more of a major issue? thanks

sometimes i have nightmares...i wake up sweating, and imagine el capitanos domain has dissappeared forever... it hurts...
  • El Capitano
    so, whats new in the new sandbox, they wont let us what?

We have to 'behave' in here, no 'Maddie', 'Puppy Rape' or 'NEKKIDPIXORZ' type threads.

It definately isn't the MBUK Sandbox of old, but then, neither really is the UKMB one.