will rubbing garlic on your gonads make you faster?

tramotane
tramotane Posts: 46
i read somewhere on the training forum that some cyclists rub galic on thier gonads is there any evidence anecdotal or empirical to support this training method?

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    tramotane wrote:
    i read somewhere on the training forum that some cyclists rub galic on thier gonads is there any evidence anecdotal or empirical to support this training method?

Only way to find out is to give it a try. Let us all know how it turns out. Only problem I
    can think of is maybe your wife or girfriend, well, you know.

Dennis Noward
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Try rubbing deep heat on them, bet that will make you go faster :D
  • I couldn't find any studies on PubMed about it :wink::D
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Sounds like a load of B**ls to me :lol::lol: (gedit?)
    so many cols,so little time!
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    tramotane wrote:
    Only really worth doing if you are prepared to tie/staple the tip of said gonads to a power meter :wink: and do weight training dips for your triceps with said meter dangling between legs.
    Said to sort men from boys :wink:
  • tramotane wrote:
    Only really worth doing if you are prepared to tie/staple the tip of said gonads to a power meter :wink: and do weight training dips for your triceps with said meter dangling between legs.

real men would use chillies
    Professional cycle coaching for cyclists of all levels
    www.cyclecoach.com
  • tramotane wrote:
    Provided you've sorted the boys from the girls to start with :)
  • tramotane wrote:

If you read somewhere that there was such evidence I'm sure you would be the first to try it. :D :shock: :shock:
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    It works dude. Do it.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Mike Willcox1
    PostPosted Sun Oct 7, 2007 2:58 pmReply with quote
    Yet another magic bullet. What a load of old tosh. Some people will rub garlic on their gonads if they read somewhere it will do them good.(euphemism for going faster). Very Happy

Mike are you one of these people then? :oops:
  • tramotane wrote:
    Mike Willcox1
    PostPosted Sun Oct 7, 2007 2:58 pmReply with quote
    Yet another magic bullet. What a load of old tosh. Some people will rub garlic on their gonads if they read somewhere it will do them good.(euphemism for going faster). Very Happy

Mike are you one of these people then? :oops:

Seriously???

With experience you can train smarter and if you keep with it then your fitness will build to it's full potential over 4/5 years. Fads come and go but basic fundamentals of building endurance and speed are the same now as they have always been.

The fad at the moment is this obsession with measurement as a means of assessing fitness and planning training schedules. That's OK if you have a coach who requires some means of determining if their recommendations are working; BUT the most important element in their assessment is how the athlete is feeling and that's subjective.

You have to know yourself. I am self coached and impose no ceiling on what I can achieve. HRM's, Power Meters, Ice baths etc. get in the way of that philosophy and make what is a simple process over complicated. Why get hung up over a measurement? The most important thing is how you feel.
  • just having a laugh :lol: but seriously i agree with your philosophy regarding training on feel and progressive work load.

I use a power tap to monitor my fitness once a month, i have used a power based coaching service before and it was big shock ie i felt a bit like a lab rat!. I must admit i went quicker with less training time than i did previously though.

power is the way to determine your fitness and to train to as well.But you can end up becoming a slave to numbers.I find now i prefer to enjoy my cycling by using both personal judgement and the numbers when i need some data to just check that i'm not getting worse!

if you want to be as good as you can be though use power for training!.