Runners!- underwear?

blueangel
blueangel Posts: 62
When running in tights/tracksters?

:oops:

I know this is the wrong forum, but I know you can help. And have a laugh.
(I'm planning on a sprint triathlon in May)

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Good question. As a recent convert to running I was wondering this myself but too embarrassed to ask
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Tracksters you can get away with some tight fitting underwear/boxers...

Tights - Nothing underneath as VPL is just wrong..... :D

I nearly always run in either tracksters, or running shorts with cycling shorts underneath.
  • I wear an old pair of swimming trunks under tights or tracksters.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    My girly solution - Craft's windfront boxers (for girls but there are blokes versions too). These are comfy even when its cold/windy/raining, and can be worn under cyling shorts too if its a bit chilly (I know - its usually commando for me but the Swedish chill soon makes you change your mind) . They wash well (up to 90C?) and stayed whole all last winter.
  • I just use my cycling bib tights without undercrackers on - lift the ankle hoops out the way and just go.
  • Try and get wicking underwear if you use tracksters, soggy undies can really rub. I used to run a lot before a foot injury and I found tights with out underwear much more comfortable than tracksters. Although if you go fellrunning in anything but the skimpiest shorts, whatever the weather ,you'll be laughed off the fells. :twisted:
  • I have Beijing Marathon on sunday, and I've recently encountered about of thigh rash... so I bought a pair of Nike Pro undies... they actually feel as if I have nothing on, I've worn them under tracksters and they are wonderful... extremely comfortable, but a little pricey..