Aldi Winter clothing etc

2»

Comments

• Winter Jacket Waterprrofs and Winter Gloves for me, this sale was on about a montha ago, so keep em peeled in October, Apparently some of the stuff was on sale last Sunday
  • Got to my local Aldi at 7pm on Thursday evening to find the cycling display decimated. Any clothing remaining was in small sizes only. The manager advised that no other stocks would be coming unless he could get surplus from other stores.
  • Bought some nice stuff in Darlington, was in there just after 9am, plenty of cyclists but not a madhouse.
    how do you think they do it?
    is it sold at a loss to get people in the door?
    tried googling crane sports but got nothing back, was thinking if it was possible to buy from them direct (as if it wasn't cheap enough!!)
  • Visit: www.cranesports.de They are a German company like Aldi
  • I got the same as Russell . . . a yellow/black winter jacket and a matching pair of gloves at the Chelmsford store. Wanted a long sleeve top as well but they'd all gone. My biker friend who works in the store said they had no glasses come in. Great prices. When they have the next stuff in (Spring?) I'll camp outside . . . LoL
  • The Aldi @ Bexhill on Sea near Eastbourne has still got heaps of jerseys, jackets, gloves and tights/bib tights in a variety of sizes. Sizes are definitely on the big side and I had to buy smalls but I'm usually a medium. My wife bought it all for me and the only thing that doesn't fit are the bib tights. So if anyone is interested in them let me know - you can have them for £10 + postage. I paid £10 for them.
  • WOW . . . lets all cycle to Bexhill!
  • Used my winter shirt and tights today.
    Must say they are very good.
    Got a pair of bib tights also, they have a zip at the front to save you stripping off for a P.
    Slight down side is that jersey is a little short and found i had to pull it down at the back a couple of times.
    Peter
  • Just got back from my sunday loop wearing the Aldi stuff (windproof jacket and long tights :) ) and it was rather cold at 6 oclock this morning, but soon warmed up,and to be quite honest the gear aint too bad. the tights were nice and cosy and the jacket holds a little sweat but all in all for the money I am not complaining :)
  • Spoke to the manager at the Canterbury branch and he told me that the glasses had been withdrawn for safety reasons.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • hothead
    hothead Posts: 123
    Only size 7 overshoes in Bradford area. Anyone else find this? Spoke to managers in 3 shops who said this is all they had size wise!
  • went to the Aldi in Southport this morning. Plenty left. Bought overshoes/cap. rain jacket, windproof jacket, 2 winter shirts, 2 pairs tights, 2 pairs gloves, 2 pairs socks, total £70 bargain.
    Went out straight afterwards. very comfy :)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I got stuff for me and other half (but not matching colours don't want to look "his and hers"). Got 1 x bib longs, 1 x waterproof in yellow, 1 x mans top in red (fit isn't great), 4 x socks (2 for each of us), 1 x ladies top, 2 x overshoes and cap (although I've bought overshoes which are too small for me) and 2 x bike stands.

They didn't have any gloves on Thursday, but I went back on Friday to take the overshoes back (but they didn't have any bigger sizes left), and they had the gloves out. So I got two pairs of gloves. They also had some waterpoof bottoms left so I got a pair of them for the OH.

I think I've spent £75 in total, which is far more than I planned!! But I did get a lot for it. Just need to my ankle to get better so I can wear it more.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I got one of the Winter Jackets and a couple of pairs of socks.

Jacket seems really good quality especially for only £15, will try it out on my commute in the morning.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    hayesdj wrote:
    went to the Aldi in Southport this morning. Plenty left. Bought overshoes/cap. rain jacket, windproof jacket, 2 winter shirts, 2 pairs tights, 2 pairs gloves, 2 pairs socks, total £70 bargain.
    Went out straight afterwards. very comfy :)
    surprised you weren't a bit hot wearing all that lot? :lol::lol:
  • I just wore a light short-sleeve cycling top and shorts today . . . . . and still overheated, but it was not at 6 in the morning! Mmmmm Did not know there were two 6 o clocks in one day. I only do the 18:00hrs one!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Wore my jacket this morning. I'm rather impressed, normally I'm either too hot or too cold, but I felt good this morning. Arms were really baggy though, and I don't have small arms, but apart from the poor cut, the jacket is excellent value.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i couldnt get to mine on thursday, friday or saturday. So i rang them this morning and they didn't have ANYTHING left, didn't think there were any cyclists in Tottenham (None that ive seen anyway!).

The woman on the end of the line was so shocked that i had managed to ring the store because none of their numbers are published anywhere. So very shocked that when they answered the phone they didnt answer good morning aldi, vanessa speaking.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    I managed to get a couple of their winter cycling shirts, they're perfect for commuting I wore one today. Sent my mother as I had to work, then had a works do, she managed to get me overshoes, a winter jacket, bib longs and waterproof trousers. Unfortunately she got womens bib longs and trousers. Changed them on Saturday morning and I was surprised how much cycling tights and waterproof trousers were left and got my self another shirt and rain jacket too.
  • Just looked on ebay, it's already full of Aldi gear. Had to laugh at some of the descriptions : "Fully lined and made HIPOTEX which prevents the entry of rain and melting snow, but allows the passage of the body’s natural moisture vapour". All this technology for £4.99!
  • Garry71
    Garry71 Posts: 96
    hammerite wrote:
    They also had some waterpoof bottoms left so I got a pair of them for the OH.

Are waterproof trousers supposed to be longer than normal ones? I bought the right waist size, but the leg bottoms drag on the floor. Not sure whether or not to take them back.

Garry
    Cycling is too nice to waste it on getting to work.
  • Maybe by now your local store will have sold all the cycling gear, so they'll have none left to change them. Best is, you'd be able to get your money back . . . Me, I'd get the sewing machine out and modify them!
  • I got one of the black & yellow winter jackets,
    wore it the other night round Arthur's Seat,
    was very impressed for the £15 spent.

The colours even match my bike :lol:
  • Managed to get a pair of bibs, bizarre fit, but workable as 3/4s...

The cycle jersey is rather good though - odd fit again, and a bit too baggy, but very comfy on the ride in, and the zipped pocket (didn't notice that!) is a nice bonus.