Turbo Training

RICH78
RICH78 Posts: 49
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
As somebody getting back to cycling after a few years break I have been using turbo training to build up my base fitness.

How many sessions a week should I be looking at doing for my first few months back on the bike?

Comments

• Good look - turbo as much as boredom will allow! I tend to find that the limiting factor! :lol:
    How many sessions a week should I be looking at doing for my first few months back on the bike?

I've seen recommendations about building no more than 10% volume in training each week so this will I assume apply here.

I imagine you can aim for as many, or as few, sessions as you like whilst trying to ensure you don't push yourself too hard. I'm sure i've also seen a comment somewhere that a club level racing cyclist can get maximum benefit from 7-10 hours a week training (someone may shoot me down on this one) before the extra hours/extra gain ratio begins to decrease.
    Put me back on my bike...

t' blog: http://meandthemountain.wordpress.com/
  • 7 - 10 hours on a turbo would certainly be a big help as long as the training was structured with a target for each session, do sprinting repetitions one night, an easy spin the next, a prolongued session on the big ring the next night followed by an easy spin the next etc. Don't forget the warm up & down.
    Don't think I could stand 7 hours a week though! More like 4 nights, 40 minutes to an hour per night.