Tired after eating?

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
Dunno if this should be here cos its not strictly training but I've found that after eating - no matter what I eat fruit, cereal, salad - I get tired almost immediately almost to the point of just falling asleep! Its happened a few times most recently in a coffee shop after a cappuccino I just fell asleep as my girlfriend was talking to me! Not good

Can anyone shed any light on this and possible causes? ithought something like a sugar crash but dont know about it.

Gats

Comments

• Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Ay up Gats! How are you?

Yeah could be a sugar thing - I used to get terrible problems with low blood sugar. It was due, so it seems, to Candida in the gut. I don't have the problem anymore (or many other symptoms) after addressing the Candida. It's possible that with all the stress you've placed on your body via the eating problems and your sports, plus mental stresses as well that you have something similar, or, that you've buggered up your insulin production. Might be worth getting it checked out. If your blood sugar levels are tested via blood samples at the GPs, but come back saying you're OK, it may be worth going down the secondary route of seeing a nutritionist. They do saliva tests for Candida and other tests for other nutritionally related problems depending on the listed symptoms, your food diary and a detailed questionnaire about your physical and mental health and nutrition.