Stomach muscle strain

Ashley_R
Ashley_R Posts: 408
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
Feeling really peed off at the mo sitting here with decent weather outside for a change, strained/pulled muscles in my stomach a week last wednesday trying to give it everything at the start of a timetrial, felt something give after first couple of pedal strokes :o

not ridden since, getting slightly better but not as quick as I'd like, anyone any similar experience and how long you reckon it'll take to heal, supposed to be doing a dualthlon a week tomorrow! :?
You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead

Comments

• Lesson number 1 - do not start time trial too quickly - this is a common mistake and if your starting effort results in pulled muscles then thats far too hard.
  • Sorry to hear about that- sounds painful! No experience of stomach injuries i'm afraid- you had any luck finding out how long it's likely to take?
  • blackhands wrote:
    Lesson number 1 - do not start a time trial too quickly - this is a common mistake and if your starting effort results in pulled muscles then thats far too hard.
  • blackhands wrote:
    blackhands wrote:
    Lesson number 1 - do not start a time trial too quickly - this is a common mistake and if your starting effort results in pulled muscles then thats far too hard.

I dont normally start with such an effort, wanted to give it everything as the first mile or so of the course is uphill and it was the clubs timed hill climb, won it as well :D , pity about the cost! :cry:

Still really troubling me, trying to rest as much as poss though still only slowly improving, another physio appointment later in the week, damn frustrating!!
  • Er.. how does it feel?

Only ask cos I had to make a quick start this am - straight out of house in cold, and now have a pulling stitch 'pain' from side of stomach, up.

Dunno what it is
  • zeroshoddy wrote:
    Er.. how does it feel?

Only ask cos I had to make a quick start this am - straight out of house in cold, and now have a pulling stitch 'pain' from side of stomach, up.

Dunno what it is

Varies between what feels like a bad stomach ache at best to sharp pains worse when bent over (i.e. on a bike), but with several very tender areas to the side of me belly button and above.

Physio reckons ts just a strain, 2 weeks ago tonight I did it, a lot better than it was, rest is the best cure, damn difficult when you want to ride your bike though!! :x