Garmin Edge 705

DomT
DomT Posts: 648
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
Anyone got one of these? Looks like they've updated the much loved Edge range.

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    And some...

"Trainer. Navigator. Edge 705 pushes you to do your best, then shows you the way back. This GPS-enabled cycle computer knows no limits. Get heart rate, cadence, turn-by-turn directions, power data (from ANT + Sport enabled third-party power meters) — the works. Even share your data with other Edge 705 buddies after your ride. All wireless with a color display, this is no ordinary cycle computer."

All I can say is WOW!

Reckon it'll be £300+ though.
    Rich
  • DomT
    Yep, bet it'll break the bank!!
  • bobbyp
    bobbyp Posts: 275
    Darn! Just treated myself to a 305 about 3 weeks ago and love it. The only complaint I have is that I keep getting lost without a basemap.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    bobbyp wrote:
    Darn! Just treated myself to a 305 about 3 weeks ago and love it. The only complaint I have is that I keep getting lost without a basemap.

Gutted.

On Sale: December

Garmin Edge 605. Price: £270
    Garmin Edge 705. Price: £330

That's pretty reasonable me thinks.

http://stuff.tv/news/garmin-605-and-705 ... fault.aspx
    Rich
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    The first thing I checked was the number of waypoints - still only 100. What is the point of including proper mapping if there is still such a low limit? I know you can do course points, but I've never really liked them on my current Edge.
  • DomT
    You can be certain that someone on eBay will be flogging them for £100 less before the end of September!

I had an Edge 305 a year ago, but replaced it with a Vista Cx - for me the navigation side of things was more important than the HRM and Cad functions.
  • bobbyp
    bobbyp Posts: 275
    I use mine mostly for HRM and Cad functions. Adding power would be a fabulous thing.

Decent navigation so I don't get lost on my way to the start of events would be nice though...
  • RichA wrote:
    bobbyp wrote:

Gutted.

On Sale: December

Garmin Edge 605. Price: £270
    Garmin Edge 705. Price: £330

That's pretty reasonable me thinks.

http://stuff.tv/news/garmin-605-and-705 ... fault.aspx

If I were you I'd buy one ASAP.

I'll take that out of date 305 off your hands for a nominal fee augie.gif

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast