Is my wife being unreasonable?

beckenham
beckenham Posts: 242
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
Dear Deirdre

I've been spending a lot time recently with someone called Cayo Expert (an unusual name I know but she's from Germany). She's got a loverly figure with slim wheels and light frame and she's a really comfortable ride and quite fast too.

Anyway my wifes getting a bit jealous and she's making Cayo sleep in the garage with muddy MTB :(

I want Cayo to spend the nights in the bedroom with me but my wife is insistent.

Is she being unreasonable?
Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Yes, the bedroom is the #1 place for keeping bikes, much warmer and safer than some outhouse! And the Cayo may well be the most beautiful thing in the bedroom! If there's resistance, put your wife in the garage.
  • beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    Thanks Alpablue, thanks good advice. I think that you may be wrong about Cayo being the best looking thing in the bedroom. Bentley the retriever also sleeps in the room and he's gorgeous!!
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    She's probably making sure there's enough space to fill up with shoes when she gets her own back for you spending all that money on a bike.
  • Talking of Focus'sjust spotted that wiggle have the 2008 cyclecross range in.Could we soon be seeing the new range of road bikes??

Cayo Expert 2008! :)
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Yes, she's being unreasonable, grounds for devorce :lol:
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    I think you should buy her an Izzie Team to keep her company in the garage..... The wife will understand.
  • I'd keep my eye on muddy mtb. Some of these slim models go after the most disreputable types. Kate Moss and thingy come to mind.

In fact this could be used as a reason to move Cayo into the bedroom.

I tried this with Kate but she ignored me.

I know I'm alright, the voices tell me so.
    Dear Deirdre

I've been spending a lot time recently with someone called Cayo Expert (an unusual name I know but she's from Germany). She's got a loverly figure with slim wheels and light frame and she's a really comfortable ride and quite fast too.

Anyway my wifes getting a bit jealous and she's making Cayo sleep in the garage with muddy MTB :(

I want Cayo to spend the nights in the bedroom with me but my wife is insistent.

Is she being unreasonable?

Problem solved. I got a trainer for xmas and Cayo spent the entire festive period sitting on the trainer in the front room :) She looks lovely and I could even see her whilst eating xmas dinner :):)

She got admiring glances from several visitors :) Mostly blokes though :evil:

Wifey's not best pleased but seems to be coming to terms with the new arrangements :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yes she is being very unreasonable. Get rid of the wife and let Focus Expert have her side of the bed - result! :D
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    People have this irrational opinion that bikes belong in garages and outhouses. Road bicycles belong indoors where they can be admired and guarded appropriately.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I had this problem about five years ago it was the ultimatum that some people dread to hear,(it,s either the bike or me) anyway i,ve been divorced about five years now. However bikes are warm don,t argue, can go with you to the pub(and not say a word they )never buy anything in the sale, they never buy anything we can,t afford and i have no regrets, Ademort
    P.S.Hope i have helped you to make your mind up.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    You ask if women are unresonable? I can't believe you would even have to ask
    something like that. Where have you been all your life? Living in a cave? Have the
    women in your life tortured and brainwashed you into this way of thinking? You
    need to seek help and advice. This service is usually available at somewhat low cost
    in any pub, bar, bottle of whiskey, or mug of brew. Good luck. My advice - drink
    heavilly and you will SEE THE LIGHT. Always go to the light.

Dennis Noward
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    The closest I can get my new pride and joy to the bedroom is the hall at the bottom of the stairs and the wife still says that it's in the way and should be in the shed outside!

We have managed to find some common ground and wall hooks have been purchased to allow the bike to remain in the hall, albeit hanging from the wheels! Luckily the new bike is considerably lighter then the one it replaces (not to mention some 10 years younger I estimate!), meaning it shouldn't be to difficult to hang up each evening!

I think she's being very un-reasonable. I'd try and keep it on the trainer personally :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    SEE THE LIGHT. Always go to the light.

Unless you have had too many and fear that might be a big bus coming towards you... :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dennisn wrote:
    something like that. Where have you been all your life? Living in a cave? Have the
    need to seek help and advice. This service is usually available at somewhat low cost
    in any pub, bar, bottle of whiskey, or mug of brew. Good luck. My advice - drink

Dennis Noward

Dennis, I think you speak for yourself. My wife is wonderful, intelligent, beautifull, my best friend, and we have no personallity conflicts whatever.

I am not brainwashed, just sensitive to other people in the world.

Just curious, are you divorced?
  • Anonymous
    BTW, my wife's Fisher and my Ellsworth both sleep in the basement by the central heating unit, and within view of the JEEP and Chevy.

They are very happy.
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    bikers46 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Dennis Noward

Dennis, I think you speak for yourself. My wife is wonderful, intelligent, beautifull, my best friend, and we have no personallity conflicts whatever.

Just curious, you're from the US and don't get sarcasm? :roll:
  • BMCCbry
    BMCCbry Posts: 153
    I've got the opposite problem - I am a girl and my (non-cycling) boyfriend insists that my bikes live in the (drafty and slightly damp) shed...which leaves me feeling tres uneasy! :shock: :roll:
  • dennisn
    aarw wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Dennis Noward

I stand in awe of bikers46. Some of the best sucking up to a wife I have ever heard.
    I may use it myself. With permission of course.
    I am married(26 years). Got the wife right where I want her. Right now she's polishing
    the spokes on my bike. And if you believe that, I'd like to sell you the London Bridge.

Dennis Noward
  • Anonymous
    aarw wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Dennis Noward

No, I am not from the US, I am in the US, which has zero to do with anything, and I do get sarcasm, but don't care for sweeping generalizations from people who don't think past themselves. I would never berate anyone just to sound funny.

I 'get' the original OP completely, but, personally, never would have compared my bike to my wife.

'Hope that resolves your confusion.
    Sheesh.
  • Anonymous
    I stand in awe of bikers46. Some of the best sucking up to a wife I have ever heard.

Stick with what works. I am way fine with sucking up to my wife, and she isn't the subject, so I would ask that we leave her out of this whole joke.
  • dennisn
    bikers46 wrote:

Stick with what works. I am way fine with sucking up to my wife, and she isn't the subject, so I would ask that we leave her out of this whole joke.

Someone once said "Relax, it's only a thing". Good advice.
  • Anonymous
    That was me, Dennis.
  • dennisn
    bikers46 wrote:
    That was me, Dennis.

I know.
  • OnTow
    OnTow Posts: 130
    Hey, you made one fatal flaw when you bought your house - My garage is nice and solid, warm and cosy - Which means my bed stays warm and dry with the bikes :lol:

I am considering buying a tandem so that I can hear the whingeing coming from behind!
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    dennisn wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    That was me, Dennis.

I know.

LOL, very funny. completely missed it.
  • dennisn
    aarw wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    That was me, Dennis.

I know.

I've managed to confuse myself on this thread, what with all the quotes and requotes.
    Not sure what's hapening any more or who said what. Ah, getting old ain't for sissy's.

dennis noward
  • My wife and I have one car, which she takes to work, while I bike.

Result is that any bike maintenance I do is considered equivalent to working on the car, or any sort of housework... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The original plan was for bike storage and all maintenance to be in the garden shed. I already have moved all maintenance operations into the basement, and will probably store the new road bike there too when it arrives.

But even for my wife, the bedroom might be a bit of a stretch (particularly since it's got white carpet...)
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    OnTow wrote:
    Hey, you made one fatal flaw when you bought your house - My garage is nice and solid, warm and cosy - Which means my bed stays warm and dry with the bikes :lol:

I am considering buying a tandem so that I can hear the whingeing coming from behind!

A friend of ours equates riding a tandem with his (lovely, honest) wife stoking as akin to cycling with a parrot on his shoulder :lol:

Me? As a former editor of the Tandem Club Journal I couldn't possibly comment. As it is, my wife does more miles than do right now - including several 200k audaxes/year. Not bad for a little old lady of 67. All our bikes/trikes share the garage with my bigger toy aeroplanes and seem to survive OK

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Anonymous
    aarw wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    That was me, Dennis.

I know.

No, I didn't miss it, I got it. Just a bit different than your side of the pond.