How tight should lycra shorts be??

2»

Comments

• shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    All this talk of see-through stretched lycra is starting to make me paranoid. Does this happen to all lycra over time and can you see through it yourself or is it an effect that is only observable at a distance? Are certain colours more prone to this? My favourite bibs are a pair of charcoal cannondale surpass which I wear all the time lately, are these likely to ever suffer from it? Don't make me go back to baggies :(
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    I just wear normal baggies over the top - jobs a goodun :D

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Baggies over the top is a cop out. Don't worry about the pokey hairs or showing off your wears a bit. Just get on and ride and forget about it.
  • Zain
    Zain Posts: 80
    LOL @ this thread.

Just ditched my XC bike and currently looking for a road bike (considering the Giant SCR 1.0 ) but I'll be dammed if I'm gonna dress up like Borat to ride a bike :o

Stick with the 3 quarter length Quick Silver I say :lol:
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    I mostly wear knee length cotton shorts, but they develop holes around the crotch area within months.
    I do have some lycra shorts from Lidl; some day I might actually wear them and become converted. This talk about pubes sticking out has delayed that day by some time.
  • jugster
    jugster Posts: 73
    IMHO black is the only colour of lycra short that should be worn, unless you're paid to do otherwise. Black is the most opaque, except when it comes in those bizarre variants I've been told of that sport mesh right down to the padding, thankfully I've not witnessed any of those shockers or the resultant 'crack of doom'! :shock:
    Anger is a sustainable fuel.