online coaches

wpdoolan
wpdoolan Posts: 185
Is anyone using one of the online coaches.
I am not sure if I understand process but I think Carmichale and 53X12 do it,

If you are using such a service would you please describe the process and the benefits you have got and cost including specific equipment/test you had to have

thanks

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Most of the coaching I do is online. You may be interested: www.rutheyles.co.uk/

Ruth Eyles
  • Kevin Humphries ( Coach4Bike@yahoo.co.uk). Really nice bloke - very helpful. Once you've sent all your details he'll give you a week by week incremental training plan, tailored to your needs/goals - about £30 a month. He'll email every week to see how you're getting on. I found it very useful to stay on track/focused - and in the 12 weeks I used him the improvement was clear. Or you could go with the last poster!
  • wpdoolan wrote:
    Is anyone using one of the online coaches.
    I am not sure if I understand process but I think Carmichale and 53X12 do it,

If you are using such a service would you please describe the process and the benefits you have got and cost including specific equipment/test you had to have

thanks

The majority of the coaching we do is online, as we coach riders in the US, Canada, UK, Europe, the far east, and Australasia. We have coaches in the UK, Canada, and Australia.

Briefly, the process, as it applies to RST is that an athlete would fill in a questionnaire (see http://cyclecoach.com/trainingquestionnaire.pdf) and return it to us. We'd then go through the questionnaire, ask questions based on it, and have a consultation with the athlete. From there we'd develop goals in conjunction with the athlete and then look at the physiological mechanisms which underpin the fitness goals and work out a way to take the ride from where they currently are to where they need to be.

Then during constant feedback (via subjective training responses, and objective data from e.g., power meters) we develop and hone the training programme aspect of the coaching to enable the rider to hopefully meet their goals.

Most of the riders we coach use power meters, while some use heart rate monitors, but we can also view other data (e.g. GPS data).

The minimum equipment requirement (outside of a bike!) for RST coaching is a heart rate monitor.

Ric
    Professional cycle coaching for cyclists of all levels
    www.cyclecoach.com
  • Opps double post
    Professional cycle coaching for cyclists of all levels
    www.cyclecoach.com
  • £30 a month sounds reasonable: I was interested in figuring out whether I am above or below a realistic target in terms of achievement given a) my training and b) my previous health/lifestyle. I am getting a bit disillusioned with the lack of progress this year, yet I have ridden more races and harder than I did 15 years ago, when I wentt faster and faster every week! Maybe I am assuming that there would be some retained fitness, or should I consider myself a complete newcomer..perosnally I don't so feel I am not progressing.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    You get a free month from Dr Evil of 53x12 if you buy an SRM from Poshbikes
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • BeaconRuth wrote:
    Most of the coaching I do is online. You may be interested: www.rutheyles.co.uk/

Ruth Eyles

A quick browse of the profile reminds me how sickeningly talented some people are. :roll: