My Very Exciting Newbie Accessories Shopping List

2»

Comments

• nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Seriously though,

Ok fair enough I wouldn't say until you have earned it- let me rephrase as- until you are more experienced. Then you will notice and appreciate the difference.

In winter assos stuff is great, but I wouldn't recomend to a beginner to go out and spend £1000 buying an assos wardrobe, when they don't need it and won't really notice the difference between it and a £250 wardrobe.

Cycle clubs can be a bit elitist, but usually are quite friendly to newbies.

I decided to get fit enough solo before I tried joining a club though, if you're sociable (I'm not) just turn up for the slow ride and they'll give you loads of advice on what to buy/wear/training etc.

Some people at clubs are elitist, but i've mostly found that so long as you're bike is in good nick and looked after properly no-one cares. A guy at our club turns up on a bike he bought for £50 from a friend, real hack machine. People don't treat him differently.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Disagree with nolf on the assos gear, I am relitavly new to cycling and the best pair of shorts are my assos bibs worth every penny invest in them now and when you are up to 40 -60 miles your ar--e will defInatly thank you, also good choice of helmets I have a catlike whisper its fantastic.
  • Disagree with nolf on the assos gear, I am relitavly new to cycling and the best pair of shorts are my assos bibs worth every penny invest in them now and when you are up to 40 -60 miles your ar--e will defInatly thank you, also good choice of helmets I have a catlike whisper its fantastic.
    Good luck and enjoy yourself.
  • sbullett
    sbullett Posts: 139
    Another vote for the Smart 1/2 watt rear light - described ina review as "antisocially bright" - and it is!!!

Also, if you have any tendency at all to get sweaty (with or without your clothes on) get yourself a Buff to wear either sans helmet or under one