Forum Rules on deciding who is clean

2»

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hold on;

In connection with his doping case from 2002, in June, the French State Council cleared him stating that he had been treated with a product containing cortisone, however, his doctor had not noted this in his medical record. (source: cyclingnews.com)

[tongue in cheek]Case dismissed![tongue in cheek]

Any others?

Strava is not Zen.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    26) The "halo effect" - a rider is assumed to be clean if another rider, meeting the criteria already laid down, makes some statement to that effect. So if , for example, Thomas Voeckler states that Di Luca is clean, then its true.

27) The Room-mates rule - riders who room together can declare each other to be clean. "I spend 20 hours a day in X's company and have never seen him take anything" (Note that when X is caught trying to inject himself with 5 litres of cheetah blood using a Zefal HPX, the room-mate must change his statement to "I can't be keeping an eye on him all the time")

28 ) Active or ex-track racers do not take drugs.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    29) Never having been within 50 miles of St Moritz. Even when competing in a Grand Tour.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    30) Not have a gynaecologist as your 'training advisor' and being able to account for large currency transfers for undefined services
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    31) Not being the spokesman of a protest during a Grand Tour stage complaining that the course is 'unsafe' whilst at the same time being quite happy to regularly inject drugs designed for chronic kidney disease patients into their body, despite having no illness or prescription.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    32) Not having to withdraw from a race in France because it passes through Italy. Or vice versa

33) Having an anti-doping tattoo. Or not. I'm not sure.

34) Contracting the same illnesses as the rest of us, not rare viruses. Twice.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    le patron wrote:
    31) Not being the spokesman of a protest during a Grand Tour stage complaining that the course is 'unsafe' whilst at the same time being quite happy to regularly inject drugs designed for chronic kidney disease patients into their body, despite having no illness or prescription.

in search for best excuses i read this thread. this is best comment. is so true i laugh into my testobix breakfast
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    35) All riders from scandanavia are clean (except Danes)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    36) Never excite the fans
    Contador is the Greatest
  • solocp
    solocp Posts: 285
    0 - not have asthma
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    solocp wrote:
    0 - not have asthma

Except if you're British...erm, I mean from Belgium...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    69) have no emotionally blind acolytes on this forum - the mention of your name elicits a clear 'meh'
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    36) Never excite the fans
    Yes, Pip Gilbert. He's hated here & is exciting & is in my sig line....
    Arse.....
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    Sorry, unless I have missed something the most obvious sign of being clean is

39. Wears white socks. Anyone who wears black socks is just trying to cover up blood spots.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    40. Having a sick mother in law or dog.
  • "On a serious note: very few riders call dopers 'cheats'. Those who do repeatedly I tend to feel are clean (e.g. Evans)"

Agreed.

Jerome Pineau, Sylvain Chavannel. Not shy in calling a cheat a cheat. Ergo, clean.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    If they appear in FFs signature strip then they are either clean or only doping a little bit to make racing more enjoyable to watch. However, they are absolutely, definately, not drugs cheats :wink:
  • calvjones wrote:
    25) (building on 3) Be a French registered and France-resident racer on a French team.

I genuinely can't think of any riders fulfilling this description who've had any doubt cast on them in the last decade - unless during the Cofidis scandal?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Michael Larpe of VC Roubaix this year, for EPO.