Another Positive...

TheBigOne
TheBigOne Posts: 99
edited July 2007 in Pro race
It is being reported that one of the jersey wearers after Sunday stage turned in a positive result.

I think Contador is going to win all 3 Jerseys.....

Comments

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Unless he was the jersey wearer in question of course...remember he is wearing the 4th jersey!

You got a link?
  • TheBigOne
    Contador rides for Disco, therefore he does not get caught - until he leaves.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Hmm... will there be anyone left to ride the Paris stage?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Noodley
    edited July 2007
    So Sunday was:

Yellow: already out
    Polka Dot: already out (same as yellow) although I suppose Soler was 'wearing' it
    Green: Boonen
    White: Contador

Rasmussen positive?

Or Contador?

Or Boonen?

Or Soler?

Place your bets here...

(edit - I still cannae find a link to this story)
  • TheBigOne
    Soalr was wearing the Polka and would have been tested.

his price for the KOM competition on betfair has drifted horrifically ....

i hate to say it but it look likes Solar....
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    say it ain't so!

Please please please not soler...
  • TheBigOne
    Links:

http://www.feltet.dk/index.php?id_paren ... nyhed=7715

http://www.actu24.be/article/sports/...ur_/25538.aspx

If you have todays guardian there's appparnatly a ref to this on P.9 of the sports section in Fotheringhams article at the end.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Well Soler would be a likely suspect of the jersey wearers, considering he is an unknown riding for a lower division team. What choices are ther otherwise – the kid Contador or the green man Boonen?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Its Soler.

Betfair punters are dumping and running
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    I can guarantee it wont be Tommeke
    it better not be anyway!
  • TheBigOne
    if the money on betfair is anything to go by....

Solar is the one.
  • ricadus
    Just checked out Reuters and there's nothing. Seems the bookies are the cutting edge of news gathering nowadays.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    How do we know it's more than a rumour?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Eurostar wrote:

.....spread by people looking to clean up on Betfair!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • timoid.
    Eurostar wrote:

Nobody knows but the betting is a little bit nuts right now.

Yoyoing up and down
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    Wim van Rossum is now reporting it as a strong(er) rumour on his site.
  • Noodley
    why would it affect betting? KOM is already decided - oops! :twisted:

(and in case anyone is think of replying to the intial question - don't, I know! :wink: )
  • Jake the Peg
    Jake the Peg Posts: 130
    Un autre cas positif ?
    Après le limogeage de Rasmussen hier soir et les derniers rebondissements connus, d'autres révélations pourraient être dévoilées sous peu puisque, d'après nos informations, le contrôle urinaire d'un porteur de maillot distinctif à l'issue de l'étape Mazamet - Plateau de Beille, dimanche 22 juillet, ferait état de paramètres anormaux. Des examens approfondis seraient en cours. Ils pourraient donc concerner soit Michaël Rasmussen, maillot jaune et à pois ce jour là, soit le maillot blanc du meilleur jeune, Alberto Contador, désormais nouveau maillot jaune (et par ailleurs vainqueur de cette étape), soit le maillot vert Tom Boonen.

http://www.sudouest.com/260707/une.asp? ... 670964.xml

More grist for the rumour mill...

Jake
  • floatman
    floatman Posts: 28
    that quote appears to be dated with yesterdays date ... surely we would have heard something more by now....
  • Jake the Peg
    Jake the Peg Posts: 130
    Yes, I have to say, I think there is a media frenzy about this and personally, despite posting that quote, I don' believe it. I'm simply guilty of the same thing the journos here are guilty of...propagating rumours........I hope.

Jake
  • ilittle
    ilittle Posts: 6
    Contador is now odds on favourite for KOM on Betfair. As a SA resident i really hope that Solar hasnt been thrown out :-(
  • ricadus
    No mention on major news websites, so it's only speculation so far. So do we trust the betting herd enough to believe it?
  • Noodley
    ricadus wrote:
    No mention on major news websites, so it's only speculation so far. So do we trust the betting herd enough to believe it?

I have been waiting for this to appear on the major cycling websites but still nothing. Surely the betting sites haven't got this so wrong :? Maybe they have - what price is Soler now? Might be worth a quick visit... :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Beat you to it, Noodley! Just had a small bet on Soler myself. If this was legit, then surely a bigger news outlet would have picked up on it? Most of the major ones are like rabid dogs when it comes to cycling at the moment, so you'd think someone else would have got a sniff...

Some crafty Betfair punter is probably ordering that brand new yacht as I type...
  • saisie
    saisie Posts: 20
    Well I cant find a legitimate source confirming this on the web, certainly not L'Equipe that usually tend to be the first. More likely to be made up than not.
  • afx237vi
    Oh well, looks like I'm losing my bet. Cycling Post are reporting that the gendarmerie have been spotted at the Barloworld hotel and the team have a press conference at 11am tomorrow.
  • Noodley
    edited July 2007
    http://www.cyclingpost.com/tour/article_005202.shtml

ok, something is eventually leaking out.

should be an interesting video diary on ITV...

(oops, sorry afx was typing when you submitted that one)
  • afx237vi
    I think you mean Thomas. But if this is true I would guess the entire Barloworld team won't start tomorrow... bad news for Hunter too.
  • skut
    skut Posts: 371
    i think i am actually quite glad that whole teams are pulling out on the basis of one rider tsting positive. it is what i have been calling for after all, although a bit more haphazard
  • TheBigOne
    Sorry guys,
    It's solar.
    Press conf tmw at 11pm.