Second Hand Smoke

J_Anderson
J_Anderson Posts: 616
I'm doing my best ot keep pretty fit and healthy, with the view to it all feeding back into my riding and making me faster (GRRRR...) I've limited my alcohol intake, eat sensibly and train regularly. Only problem is my mother lovin' flatmate, who has taken to chain smoking in the house. Is second hand smoke going to be as bad for my lungs as I fear? I have asked for them to smoke out the window but what with the smoking ban they are in a combative mood. I'm really worried they are undoing the good I am doing through my training.

Hills are only as steep as you want them to be.

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    I think I would move out if I were you.
    ________
    Ls650
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Yes, I would move out. I can hardly think of anything more utterly repugnant than having someone smoking in my home.
  • 515mm
    515mm Posts: 72
    I think you'll have to give your landlord your 6 weeks notice and explain why. The alternative is to try a compromise and get your flatmate to smoke only in their own room. Your physical well-being will suffer (it's banned for a reason!) and you will end up loathing your flatmate, Personally, I find smoking around others quite the most selfish thing a person could do.

What a terrible position to find yourself in. You have my sympathy.

good luck
    Si homini ignem das, unem diem ardebit; si hominem incendis, reliquem vitam ardebit.