Forum home Road cycling forum Campaign

FM, Patrick, gillan, simoncp. redcogs,asterix, MP, Noodley..

spirespire Posts: 4,077
edited August 2007 in Campaign
...ankev, mjones and all 'old' Soapbox regulars.

Are you staying here, going to cyclechat, or saying farewell?
«1

Posts

  • RegulatorRegulator Posts: 417
    I'm tempted to go elsewhere.... This forum style is naff!
    ___________________________
    censored elephants - capabari are cuter!
  • Gary AskwithGary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    Quite a few, including me are over in cyclechat, a far nicer place
    So drag yer sorry capitalist carcasse over there boyo ,fer a good whuppin :wink:
    You know it makes sense

    Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • Absinthe MindedAbsinthe Minded Posts: 1,351
    I'm staying here, great to have a change!
    <hr><font><b><font>Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font></b></font>
    <font>See My route to work!</font>
  • ankev1ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    I'm over at cycle chat now; I think it's achieved its critical mass and it's lumbering along the runway, getting up speed. Apart from the general soullessness of this place now, I think I wouldn't come back as long as the peculiarly obnoxious and arrogant Mr Louse seems to be in a position of influence. It's probably only a matter of time before they see him for the liability he is and ditch him.
  • Patrick StevensPatrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    I'm posting mainly in Cyclechat. Most of my old enemies seem to be there. :D
  • spirespire Posts: 4,077
    I'm posting mainly in Cyclechat. Most of my old enemies seem to be there. :D

    Well, we certainly need the enemies with us - not much of a Soapbox if everybody agreees with each other.

    OK, I'll make Cyclechat my cyberresidence too.
  • ankev1 wrote:
    I'm over at cycle chat now; I think it's achieved its critical mass and it's lumbering along the runway, getting up speed. Apart from the general soullessness of this place now, I think I wouldn't come back as long as the peculiarly obnoxious and arrogant Mr Louse seems to be in a position of influence. It's probably only a matter of time before they see him for the liability he is and ditch him.

    oh don't be such a toffee nosed tart.
    you only don't like him because he's an MTBer and he's a mod and you're not.
  • TSawyerTSawyer Posts: 721
    Aimed at whoever critiscised the Louse:

    If he was a roadie you'd censored love him.

    He has been a MBUK forum legend for a long time and banned a lot of people you would find a hell of a lot more annoying. What exactly is your problem with him anyway?
  • nirveousnirveous Posts: 79
    edited July 2007
    They are clearly just morons, I'm assuming they think they are clever, and they look down on him, becuase he doesn't fill his posts with middle class ramblings.
  • TSawyerTSawyer Posts: 721
    nirveous wrote:
    They are clearly just morons, I'm assuming they think they are clever, and they look down on him, becuase he doesn't fill his posts middle class ramblings.


    Nail, head, you hit.
  • fleabagfleabag Posts: 1,253
    ankev1 wrote:
    obnoxious and arrogant Mr Louse

    Ahaha

    Nice one.

    If this forum was capable of it, I'd post you a link to a definition of hypocrisy.
  • Eat My DustEat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I think it's a shame that the forum member mentioned on the OP have left for another site. I've been chatting with these guy's for years. I'm not saying I've always agreed with them, but I for one will miss them.
  • NoodleyNoodley Posts: 1,725
    I don't think nicklouse "came across" too well in the first days of the forum when most of the C+ "refugeesl" were not in the slightest bit pleased - he did at time come across as heavey handed and arrogant. Maybe a bit more understanding would have helped. I have stuck here, and have read some more of his posts and he seems to be okay - pity the first few days had such an effect. First impressions and all that - I would have thought someone who was a moderator could have found a bit more decorum when encoutered by the obvious rantings of the disaffected.

    Oh well, we live and learn (hopefully), you shallow MTB halfwits :lol::wink:
  • Fab FoodieFab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Noodley wrote:
    I don't think nicklouse "came across" too well in the first days of the forum when most of the C+ "refugeesl" were not in the slightest bit pleased - he did at time come across as heavey handed and arrogant. Maybe a bit more understanding would have helped. I have stuck here, and have read some more of his posts and he seems to be okay - pity the first few days had such an effect. First impressions and all that - I would have thought someone who was a moderator could have found a bit more decorum when encoutered by the obvious rantings of the disaffected.

    Oh well, we live and learn (hopefully), you shallow MTB halfwits :lol::wink:

    :D:D
    Have to say I agree, Mr NickLouse came across as a prize censored of the highest order, to see all the hero worship is very funny and makes you look like a bunch of sycophants. The Devil Wears Prada:
    "What kind of sycophant are you?"
    "What kind would you like me to be?"
    However, I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt and will allow a second impression to overwhelm the first.

    So on behalf of all us middle class [email protected] from C+ a grovelling apologies to his mighty-ness and his disciples...

    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"
    "We're not worthy"


    Gordon Bennett.

    The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 999
    Oy! Foodie! I`m not middle class
    I`m bloody working class :roll: .
    Colin N.


    Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Fab FoodieFab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Oy! Foodie! I`m not middle class
    I`m bloody working class :roll: .

    Sorry mate...but you weren't being oppressed at the time...and I'm not qualified respond on behalf of the working class :)
    You'll have to mount your own protest :wink::D

    The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 999
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    Oy! Foodie! I`m not middle class
    I`m bloody working class :roll: .

    Sorry mate...but you weren't being oppressed at the time...and I'm not qualified respond on behalf of the working class :)
    You'll have to mount your own protest :wink::D

    Waddyer mean not oppressed? I`m married (and you want to see my wife - not) :wink:
    Colin N.


    Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • nirveousnirveous Posts: 79
    I must say, you lot can be quite witty.
    And by witty, I mean retarded. :D
    Just kidding. This whole adventure makes me lol.
  • Fab FoodieFab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    nirveous wrote:
    I must say, you lot can be quite witty.
    And by witty, I mean retarded. :D
    Just kidding. This whole adventure makes me lol.

    I think her-in lies the main issue...
    It's not that roadies and MTB'ers don't get on or don't share common interests, BUT, we have all chosen forums which best suit our interests and are places of comfort with like minded souls. I can see how some young gun from the wilder ways of MTB could find C+ a forum of boring old farts, but we do have a certain wit and charm and "In-jokes" that give us a warm glow.

    Hence many MB'ers and Roadies have migrated to other fora to be with the people they want to be with rather than have to deal with a zillion new people , attitudes and topics.

    Unfortunately Future just don't understand that.

    I'm sure we'd enjoy a beer together!

    The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 999
    nirveous wrote:
    I must say, you lot can be quite witty.
    And by witty, I mean retarded. :D
    Just kidding. This whole adventure makes me lol.

    Have you got that homework done yet young man? :roll: :) .
    Colin N.


    Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • penugentpenugent Posts: 913
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    [

    , to see all the hero worship is very funny and makes you look like a bunch of sycophants. The Devil Wears Prada:

    "What kind of sycophant are you?"
    "What kind would you like me to be?"
    .

    _______________________________________________________________________


    What, in the way C+ forum users see FM. Talk about people in glass houses :wink:

    Don't you think that any major change will have its problems and we all just have to wait for the dust to settle.

    The fact that all the forums are thrown together doesn't mean we have to use them all. I ain't interested in anything outside the road section so I haven't bothered with anything else and so see little difference to the C+ forum other than layout/function method.

    IMO, FWIW, too many rattles were thrown out of prams when the transfer happened.
  • Mister PaulMister Paul Posts: 719
    From my point of view, I don't have a problem with BR itself. It's just like the MTB forums I've been around in the past. I used to pop in from time to time, but didn't really hang around.

    It's as if the local pubs have all been merged into one which is now more like the one next door which I didn't feel as comfortable in so rarely visited. So why would I hang around in it and let things settle? It's not going to change. It's ok for a quick pint, but I wouldn't make it my local. They've taken out the snug and now it's just one huge, noisy bar.

    I'd rather go round to my mate's front room, which he has very kindly opened up to anyone who wants to pop in.
    __________________________________________________________
    <font>What we need is a new, national <b>White Bicycle Plan</b></font>
  • Fab FoodieFab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    penugent wrote:
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    [

    , to see all the hero worship is very funny and makes you look like a bunch of sycophants. The Devil Wears Prada:

    "What kind of sycophant are you?"
    "What kind would you like me to be?"
    .

    _______________________________________________________________________


    What, in the way C+ forum users see FM. Talk about people in glass houses :wink:

    What ? :shock: I don't think you'll find anybody sucking-up to FM on C+ :lol::lol::lol: That is funny. In fact I think you'll find more people take the mick out of FM than sing his praises.

    Well you've brightened my day already LOL!

    The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Tim BennetTim Bennet Posts: 1,143
    . . . . . . . .but I for one will miss them.

    Dont miss them! Join them!

    http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/index.php
  • From my point of view, I don't have a problem with BR itself. It's just like the MTB forums I've been around in the past. I used to pop in from time to time, but didn't really hang around.
    why did you used to hang around MTB forums if you havent' got an MTB?
  • Tourist TonyTourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Most of us do have more than one bike--and type of bike, you silly boy.
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or censored
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 703
    I went to Ireland for a few days and when I came back this travesty had happened! Sorry if I have missed the boat a bit, but what is the point of this new site? The old one was just fine, and there wasn't twenty levels of mtb subjects on it either. It is like my local has disappeared!!
    Dave
  • snorrisnorri Posts: 2,981
    Careful pizzaman, you'll have the mods on to you for posts like that, you're not at home now. :wink:
  • PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 703
    It is like my horse-brass sporting timber beamed pub has been turned into a Wetherspoons... and one doing a special on 'Aftershock'!

    I am only 30, by the way, so I am not quite an old fart yet, and just to make sure Joe Sacco doesn't worry, no, I am not resistant to change, where change is helpful or needed. I am resistant to change that is so manifestly unecessary.

    Snorri... is the moderating here harsh?
    Dave
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    Hi,

    This might help: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12535023

    if you want to filter the forum a bit.
Sign In or Register to comment.