I'm sorry to say...

yenrod
yenrod Posts: 135
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
I just can't go with this.

I've known a good few posters on the old C+ forum had some laughs, some cries [lol] but most of all; all the best and smiles !

Ciao' from...

yenrod/yenrodcp
[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]

Comments

• Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    *huggles*
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Give them a chance to bring the count over.I see you have posted the "I have".

Its a beta site after all.

But it's your call, I say be patient.

george
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Testing, testing, testing
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Blimey, my first post and it says I've got 8 :?:

What about my 1500+ on the old site.

Opportunity for a new (stealth) user name methinks :twisted:
  • Nivacrom
    Nivacrom Posts: 111
    yenrod wrote:
    I just can't go with this.

I've known a good few posters on the old C+ forum had some laughs, some cries [lol] but most of all; all the best and smiles !

Ciao' from...

yenrod/yenrodcp

Will you reappear in 24 hours like 'carandbike' saying "And I came back to say thanks for the nice comments and then answered a few questions. There are people who have encouraged me to stay!"?
  • JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    Not really worth leaving over is it. Do you feel imasculated by having no posts? Like a small helpless child?

If you're leaving a forum that you've spent hours on and enjoy some of the users company Just over your post count, then you need to stop having a tantrum and go sit in time out for a few mins...

Gah, and people said MBUK was full of kids.
    logo.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    D'you mind not being so rude?
    This is Cake Stop.
    For the millionth time.
  • JinjaNinja
    Rude? That wasen't rude, its how'd i'd speak to an imature child to explain how throwing your toys out of the pram results in losing them.

If someone wants to put their sodding post count before "friends" on the internet then fine by me! I won't point out how retarded that is anymore.

Carry on Yenrod mate, Mabey you protesting and leaving will get every one there post count back! ---(sarcsm, if you couldn't tell)
    logo.jpg
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    Mr Nija, did you post on C+ before the enforced Merger?

Do you ride on the road?

are you just trolling this section?
  • Anonymous
    Well it takes one to know one I guess

Yenrod is a C+ institution and one of its most senior users...this is clearly significant to him so why have a go? It's no skin off your nose, after all.
  • JinjaNinja
    Yes I do ride road actually, You will commonly find me on the Bristol to Bath cycle path or going over to Chepstow on a sunny weekend getting a good few miles under the slicks.

No I didn't post on C+ before the merge, but seeing as we HAVE merged, thats irrelvent now. I have a sign on to use this forum, and I also have a right to speak my mind, I don't see any reason why I can't/shouldn't.
    logo.jpg
  • JinjaNinja
    If he's one of your most senior users, then it seems all the more stupid to throw it away over a number. Don't you think?
    logo.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Not really, no. And I wouldn't call anyone stupid within their earshot either.
  • Red Lemon
    Do you ride on the road?

are you just trolling this section?
    I'd be willing to bet that everyone on the MBUK forum has done the occasional bit of riding on the road. And, shock horror, some of us do it wearing baggy shorts. On MTBs. With knobbly tyres. And suspension. At BOTH ends! :shock:

As for trolling this section? No. Trolling would be to head over to your pharmacy section and make rohypnol jokes. Seems like he's making a good point to me.

Anyway, we're all members of this forum now and I suggest you get used to it. You're more than welcome to voice opinions on "our" side, just as we are free to come onto road forums. Capice?
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    Red Lemon wrote:
    Anyway, we're all members of this forum now and I suggest you get used to it. You're more than welcome to voice opinions on "our" side, just as we are free to come onto road forums. Capice?

Everyone is welcome here.

But the thing everyone needs to 'capice' is that different areas have different customs, cultures if you like... this is the reason why Cake Stop was kept we well as the equivalent section for the MTBers.

Cake Stop has a tradition of people being nice to each other. If you don't want to do this, go to Soapbox - the reason it exists is precisely to remove the bad tempered, intolerant and opiniated from Cake Stop.

At the very least, those of you being overly aggressive should read the posting guidelines (in the Road FAQs). Please?

And BTW, KIrstie, I and others are MTBers as well as roadies - infact Kirstie is a pretty accomplished XC and Downhiller - so assumptions about who you're talking to are probably not a good idea.

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    Red Lemon

RULE 10
    10) Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.

'Not really worth leaving over is it. Do you feel imasculated by having no posts? Like a small helpless child? '

capiche? :wink:
  • JinjaNinja
    Earshot? Its a forum and aparently "he's left".

Alright, all rudeness/name calling a side, this is the point...

Everyone has had to move and i'm sure no one is too happy about it. This is a Beta, for those that don't know, that means that work on this place is not finished, but to remove all bugs and make it user friendly it needs to be tested on a mass scale I.E. near the potential amount of users. Admin staff are Very Very Very busy trying to sort out stuff like the quoting feature, back ground colours, avitars, imaging in posts etc... So its not suprising that they haven't heard one mans plea to have a status (I guess) returned to him. Once the main stuff is sorted, and people can post with out error messeges attacking them from every angle, I'm sure admin/moderators (all of whom haven't been asigned yet) will be happy to re-set his post count to the correct figure. Unfortuantly for him, its not one of there prioritys in a beta version of the forum. So stick with it another week or two. If you Really can't bare not having a number next to your name, leave the forum for a week or two (preferably with out all this attention whoring antics) and come bac ka nd PM a Moderator.

Has anyone also considered that people should be rated on what they post rather then how much? I have a higer post count then a lot of you guys but I bet i'm not too popular right now.
    logo.jpg
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    Tis a pity to see discord among those of us who derive pleasure from the bicycle :)
    It seems to me this new forum is split between off road and onroad, and it appears there is an assumption in some quarters that Road means racing on the road. This leaves on road cyclists with no interest in racing and competition a little in the dark when it comes to talk of racing, and completely taken aback by the Pharmacy section. :shock:
    I think a little patience is required with the apparent quirks of some posters, the changeover has been handled poorly and we are all being tumbled around in some sort of giant cyber mixing machine at present.
    Let us hope constructive discourse spiced with some humour will soon be the order of the day. :)
  • Red Lemon
    Steve: that's hardly a flaming. It's a mere candle compared to the napalm strikes that come up from time to time on the various forums I've been a member of. It's just a matter of perspective. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Monkey: I find it funny that you should say "so assumptions about who you're talking to are probably not a good idea." Firstly, I made no assumptions about anyone. Secondly, considering how vehemently opposed some people were to the idea of merging with the MBUK lot, I think that's a bit rich. We're *all* kids and idiots, you see.

Anyway, time to hit the weights. Have a good day....
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    Morning All.

I'm with Kirstie on this - while everyone is genuinely welcome in Cakestop, and I do mean that sincerely, this is not a place for baiting or name calling!!

See - I even managed to say that with a couple of !!'s to lessen the blow!!!!

See snorri's post for the level of tone and understanding which is implicit. Silliness welcomed, randomness enjoyed, but no need for rudeness whateversoever!! :)
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • redrobbo
    redrobbo Posts: 727
    Shhhh! Don't mention the war :shock: ... I did :oops: , but I think I got away with it..
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    edited July 2007
    I like it here :)
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Nice one Jinja.
    I think actually quite a few of us thought that 'this is it' and that we were stuck with a crap looking forum from now on with all its problems. I think we've just got to be patient and it'll all get sorted. Its obviously not the software that is a problem as there are plenty of other forums that run fine on this system and look better too.

e.g.....

http://www.addiscombe.org/members/phpBB ... php?t=4589

So Goosfraba everyone
    Suggest we all chill out (I've had my tantrum in the Word Association thread), maybe leave it alone for a week or so and it'll all come good. I look forward to everything settling down and some cross pollenation occuring with our new neighbours up the board.

So how about we all be like a load of fonzeys from now on 8) 8) 8)
  • Anonymous
    Red Lemon. Precisely. The napalm strikes to which you refer are typical of the other forums (fora?) you have been part of. Not this one though. If you're into that kind of thing go to Soapbox.

Regarding FMs comment - I take your point. You'll find that people over here are very disgruntled with the way this merger has been handled. We didn't find out for ages, they're more annoyed about it. This kind of thing is likely to mobilise prejudices first, and reason later. However, given the tone of some posts from avowed MBUK people, in some senses our prejudices are not without foundation.
  • JinjaNinja
    redrobbo wrote:
    Shhhh! Don't mention the war :shock: ... I did :oops: , but I think I got away with it..

10 points!

TBH Kirsty, we found out about the forum because I searched the old one regualy, as soon as i found it was open, I told everyone. I really don't think you guys have had much more go wrong then any of the other forums!
    logo.jpg
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    I think people are a bit sensitive at the moment. Best if people keep their thoughts to themselves until everything bedded in I think. Otherwise we're going to end up making enemies for no good reason. If in a month there's still mud slinging going on then it can be tackled then. At the moment theres no reason to be too offended.

Goosfraba friends. Goosfraba.

:lol::D:lol::D:D:lol: 8)
  • Anonymous
    if I wanted to read this crap I would have bought the SUN
    I'm gone.......................
  • Anonymous
    JinjaNinja wrote:
    redrobbo wrote:

10 points!

TBH Kirsty, we found out about the forum because I searched the old one regualy, as soon as i found it was open, I told everyone. I really don't think you guys have had much more go wrong then any of the other forums!

We only found out cos some people on here use WMB, then we were told officially afterwards.
  • Chris42
    Chris42 Posts: 809
    Me to I'm off no great poster but I really liked the old forum.
    procyclings format is the same as the old forum I'll try that
    Cheers everyone
    delete me from this crap forum
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I don't need to read the aggressive posts on here. I've been a member of the C+ forum for a long time, and am disappointed to see that the atmosphere in cakestop has gone sour.
    I'm going to wait for the atmosphere to settle down a bit and have another look in a while.
    Meanwhile I will be found on 'Cycle Chat'.