One brave lady.

2»

Comments

• Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    I saw this interview. The woman was clearly demented. To describe the Quran in the way she did was a disgrace. To suggest that Jews and Buddhists are all peacable is daft - history tells us that people of all religions or none behave like demons from time to time.
  • BigWomble
    BigWomble Posts: 455
    Simon L2 wrote:
    I saw this interview. The woman was clearly demented. To describe the Quran in the way she did was a disgrace. To suggest that Jews and Buddhists are all peacable is daft - history tells us that people of all religions or none behave like demons from time to time.

Most religions start out peaceably. The Thuggee cult was a notorious exception. Then they end up in wars, and it seems that the more peaceful the original religion, (e.g. Islam, Sikhism) the sooner they end up fighting wars. The Prophet Mohammed, fleeing Makkah for Medinah, was subsequently attacked by the people of Makkah, who obviously hadn't had enough of killing his followers in their own city. Sikhism had peaceful coexistence and toleration, as one of its founding principles, which only seem to have encouraged their neighbours (which is why so many Sikhs now have the name Singh or warrior).

:roll:
    Ta - Arabic for moo-cow
  • lfoggy
    lfoggy Posts: 28
    Quite extraordinary. I agree that subtleties of translation may modulate the meaning and emphasis in places but the central message is pretty clear and unambiguous however you cut it.

She made some interesting comments about the cultural origins of scientific progress. There's no doubt that Jewish individuals have contributed enormously to scientific discovery but to suggest that they are responsible for most of the discoveries of the 19th and 20th centuries is undoubtedly an exaggeration. It is true however that scientific progress, since the renaissance at least, has been the product almost exclusively of Western culture (with some contribution from Japam amd China recently).
    She correctly points out that the Muslim world has contributed virtually nothing to scientific achievement in this period........
    Regards
  • paul_bhoy
    paul_bhoy Posts: 70
    I wouldnt call her brave, she's spouting a load of nonsense. Mind you whats worrying is the amount of people on here that support her views, therfore highlighting their ignorance of the Islamic way of life
    The beer always wins
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 173
    BigWomble wrote:
    Simon L2 wrote:

Most religions start out peaceably. The Thuggee cult was a notorious exception.

Islam, as created by mohumud, was spread almost exclusively at the point of the sword.

Christianity on the other hand started off peacefully (it had to because of the persecutions faced by its members) before turning on everyone and then reforming itself in to the modern day church we have today where christian zealots are no longer spreading the love of christ at the point of their swords.

Islam needs two things;

1. A reformation
    2. A leader like Attaturk who can drag Islam in to the 20th century without the need to resort to genocide.

Unfortunately I do not believe either of these events will take place in our lifetime.

Mailman