The new site

2»

Comments

• bobajobrob
    bobajobrob Posts: 212
    Post count - if I had 10,000 posts I wouldn't want people to see how much time I'd wasted in the internet.

Images in sigs - turn sigs off in your profile, or adblock the offending images?

The font - looks great on Linux. It appears as a 9 or 10 point serif font. Serif fonts are supposed to be easier to read.

Ads and banners - I don't see any. There's an extension called adblock for Firefox, you could try it.
  • TomBombadil
    TomBombadil Posts: 263
    Perosnally the site is too visually busy - In my opinion they are trying to cram too much in. They should use Google as example i.e. keep it simple. I am sure you will all get use to it but that's not the point. Change is not always progress. Clearly a lot of people are unhappy. I am likely to be voting with my fingers as I just can't stand busy sites. I find they give me headaches and I can't focus on what I am interested in.

Sadly not all of us have add blocking software.....

I am just dissapointed :( Tom
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Its all good!!! :lol:
    And getting better by the hour :)
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • B Chapman
    B Chapman Posts: 4
    It's good to hear some positive criticism. the potential of this site is huge and not just in the forums.
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981

Have you been dipping in the Pharmacy cabinet :?:
    If not you deserve a free life subscription to the mag for all of these upbeat postings :D:D
  • Yorkshireman
    snorri wrote:

Have you been dipping in the Pharmacy cabinet :?:
    If not you deserve a free life subscription to the mag for all of these upbeat postings :D:D

< MORECAMBE + WISE> Allways look on the bright side of life ... :) .
    Colin N.

• Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    B Chapman wrote:
    It's good to hear some positive criticism. the potential of this site is huge and not just in the forums.

I posted some positive criticism in the MTB bit. Still doesn't get around the fact that you've managed to turn a fairly busy forum into something with a fraction of the use that C+ got.

Will you be sending out an email when you've managed to sort the place out to try and attract some of the users back?
  • campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    Im from the pro cycling forum and find this really busy :lol: Theres lots of good stuff on here and I like it,but you will never please everyone.
    This soapbox was well named :mrgreen:
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    bobajobrob wrote:
    The font - looks great on Linux. It appears as a 9 or 10 point serif font. Serif fonts are supposed to be easier to read.

Odd. Mine's a sans serif font. Which, incidentally, i prefer.
  • Yorkshireman
    billy79 wrote:
    The site is still in it's early days, but looking good so far. Must of been hard trying to combine all the forums into one.
    Not like These guys then (safe) :roll: .
    Colin N.

• jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    billy79 wrote:
    The site is still in it's early days, but looking good so far. Must of been hard trying to combine all the forums into one.
    Not like These guys then (safe) :roll: .

colin

have a look in there in the 50+ and touring section

I have been posting there for a couple of years, you get used to it.

george
  • Yorkshireman
    jibi wrote:

colin

have a look in there in the 50+ and touring section

I have been posting there for a couple of years, you get used to it.

george

I think I used to be on there a good few years ago (it wasn`t as big then), but due to computor crashes service provider/email changes (old age) etc I don`t know who I was signed on as :( (that was when I first bought a `proper` computor after using various Amstrad things - OK as far as they went). I`m now on CycleChat, acf, CTC, Cycle Touring and although I`m retired now, I find that I still have plenty of `chores` to do (and I like to get out on the bike a bit) :wink: , might give it look over though :) ,
    Colin N.

• sorry ,by the "new site" i thought you meant Cycle Chat :D
  • Yorkshireman
    sorry ,by the "new site" i thought you meant Cycle Chat :D

That`s not `new` like this is `new` (bit more `crowded` over there now though?) :D .
    Colin N.

• People will always moan when there's change. Everyone will get used to it over time. That won't stop them whinging though!

It's more fun to moan, whine and winge :D than to say "Ooo, that's nice"
    that would be a very boring post so here goes....

I do like.... the routes thing, the bikes/ gear thing & the fitness thing.

I don't like.. the 'girls in lycra shorts post nver made 100 pages. It was worth carying on just for that, (and the classy shots found)
    Oh, and the damn septagenarians who keep beating me on all my TT's :oops:

see what I mean :?:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business