Bike Saddle

2»

Comments

• November
    November Posts: 130
    I'm moving to Huddersfield from Holland..

.. hills for the win!

Although I'll so need to work on my stamina for biking :(
  • cyclinggirl
    cyclinggirl Posts: 196
    I bought a womens specific saddle from my LBS, as the original one I had was making y lady bits very tender indeed.
    It has a hole cut in it and is the best thing I have ever bought.
  • Bagonabike
    Bagonabike Posts: 2,239
    Terry make really good women's saddles, comfy on your bum and kind to your front bottom. They have the lady specific cut out.

I use a Tri Gel which is (oddly enough) designed for triathlons and distance riding, but the Damselfly and Zero X are for offroading.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/saddles/index.html

The damselfly is available in silver <drooling smiley>
  • Lukeee
    Lukeee Posts: 3,838
    I bought my Lady Friend a WTB Speed She Sport which she likes alot. Although I've been told i have to buy her one of the New Charge Womens spoons when they come out!

Charge "Lady" Spoons :- http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/news.php?articleid=48
  • My better half, Lesleigh, really likes the Selle Italia Lady for touring and the Fizik Vitesse for mountain biking.

The Selle Italia is great if you're going to be in the saddle all day, but off-road the Vitesse is a bit narrower so it's easier to move around on.

Of course everyone's different where saddles are concerned. One of the more enlightened shops here in Sydney does return-if-not-happy with women's saddles. They take the occasional hit on reselling a slightly used seat, but they have a LOT of loyal female customers!
    John Stevenson
  • Maddie
    Maddie Posts: 30
    I've just rebought a Terry Liberator for my new bike after my old bike was nicked. The first one I had, I got cheap off eBay randomly... I've just paid £35 for a replacement, I miss it that much!

Not the cheapest and definitely not the most padded - really hard when new - but breaks in well; I used it all day every day working as a courier and I was never sore :) So if you don't get on with Specialized I'd have a look. Very well made too.
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    Try an SDG Bel Air RL Titanium, it's the most comfortable saddle i've ever ridden on, a couple of mates also got them on my recommendation and they agree with the comfy sentiment. Chain reaction do them (www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8066) they are also availible in different colours and petterns. Hope this helps.

ps: in case you're wondering, no i'm nothing to do with chainreaction

YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING!
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING