Pettacchi

2»

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave_1</i>

it just never ends. I do know no human body can handle 3 weeks of 100+ miles a day at 25 mph-there isn't a training regimen/diet in existence nor a member of the human species so talented as to be able to do this naturally...drugs are needed..because the training needed for silly ideas like grand tours of 21 days require drugs to do the training. It's the ridiculous demands professional cycling makes on the human body that need looked at first
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font size="1">If they insist on 100+ miles a day at 25 mph then yes, that regime looks demanding - but surely if they reduced that to say 20mph (nominal figure) then the stresses on the body would be much minimised and the race could continue more or less in its present form.

The bottom line is that even if you reduced the amount of racing days, length of each stage etc, it wouldn't make one blind bit of difference - there would always be some who would be willing to compromise themselves and the sport by taking non-approved drugs.

It needs stronger team management, better testing and stricter penalties to radically reduce the doping the sport is currently seeing!!! - admittedly, easier to say and write than actiually implementing.</font id="size1">

<font size="2"><font color="purple">This is my bike:</font id="purple"></font id="size2">
    <font size="1"><font color="red">Bike Pic 1</font id="red"></font id="size1"> <font size="1">Bike Pic 2</font id="size1"> <font size="1"><font color="green">Bike Pic 3</font id="green"></font id="size1">
  • cooper.michael1
    cooper.michael1 Posts: 1,787
    Pettacchi has been suspended because the code of ethics say Milram have to. Im sorry but overdosing on a precribed medicine cannot be thought of in the same way as the systematic and planned doping as in the case of Basso and the others.

Coops
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cooper.michael1</i>

Pettacchi has been suspended because the code of ethics say Milram have to. Im sorry but overdosing on a precribed medicine cannot be thought of in the same way as the systematic and planned doping as in the case of Basso and the others.

Not even when the prescribed medicine could be masking something else?
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cooper.michael1</i>

Coops

Alan Baxter lost his Olympic skiing medal a few years ago for no more than the US version having different 'ingredients' to the one he normally bought in the UK. Its the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that they are aware of what is being put into their body - no excuses!!

<font size="2"><font color="purple">This is my bike:</font id="purple"></font id="size2">
    <font size="1"><font color="red">Bike Pic 1</font id="red"></font id="size1"> <font size="1">Bike Pic 2</font id="size1"> <font size="1"><font color="green">Bike Pic 3</font id="green"></font id="size1">
  • cooper.michael1
    cooper.michael1 Posts: 1,787
    Im not saying he should not be punished, just the way people have reacted to this. Im sorry but taking around a 30% overdose on a legitimate drug for which you are allowed to use is a completely different situation from going specifically behind the authories backs, flying all over Europe meeting with underhand doctors and paying the thousands of Euros and covering your backs with code names, lies and denial.

Think about it!

Coops
  • 'Ale Jet' and 'the killer' have much explaining to do

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun29news

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.