Slug Quentin defects to Labour

2»

Comments

• Hello, Uncle Mort [:)]

Completely off-topic... but would you cycle on Belgian two-digit N roads, or would you avoid them wherever possible?

It's for planning routes around Bouillon, if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I met the Duchesse de Bourgoyne last week, and she's <i>lovely</i> [;)]
  • Uncle Mort
    Uncle Mort Posts: 1,124
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickM</i>

Hello, Uncle Mort [:)]

Completely off-topic... but would you cycle on Belgian two-digit N roads, or would you avoid them wherever possible?

It's for planning routes around Bouillon, if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I met the Duchesse de Bourgoyne last week, and she's <i>lovely</i> [;)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid it's very difficult to say, as it's very variable indeed and I don't know Bouillon. The two-digit ones tend to be OK though. The busier N roads always have a wide cycle lane, and they're usually pretty well maintained, but aren't particularly pleasant - the N4 especially is a motorway in all but name.

The fair Duchesse has the reputation of being a frothy little filly - hope you didn't overindulge [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyoxon</i>

While on the subject of pond life in general...[;)] we also have leeches (non-bloodsucking) in our pond - now there's a naming challenge... Suggestions?

--- Beware of 'all things being equal' - because very often they are not. ---

If they are non bloodsucking then they'll never make it as lawyers.[:(]

Why is it that so many politicians seem to have a legal background...[:)]

--- Beware of 'all things being equal' - because very often they are not. ---
    --- Beware of \'all things being equal\' - because very often they are not. ---
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Uncle Mort</i>

The fair Duchesse has the reputation of being a frothy little filly - hope you didn't overindulge [:)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Thanks for the opinion - I get the impression from the IGN maps that roads local to Bouillon are unlikely to be all that busy [:)]

As for the duchess, she's only little! I have a feeling I may meet her again tonight [:p]