Giro bizarre blood values

2»

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lucybears</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DaveyL</i>
    lucybears' post, and those others defending the riders, are just as speculative as those taking the opposite view.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

lucybears post is NOT speculative. The post containing the study link qouted the study ONLY. The post saying that Simoni will sign the UCI charter simply reported what the Saunier website contained. If Simoni does sign, "The change is that the riders have to put the money where their mouthes are...", is fact, not speculation. lucybears does not give any opinion on, or imply, the guilt or innocence of Simoni or any other rider. More qualified people than lucybears will (eventually) decide upon that. However, lucybears DOES speculate that they will also be more qualified than the other posters here....

cyclingfever.com/

I thought the whole point of a forum was to have unqualified speculation about things one knows b*gger all about.

Its a sign of madness or royalty to refer to yourself in the third person you know [;)]. And who's ever met a sane royal?

TdG
  • slojo
    slojo Posts: 56
    One way of reducing your hormone levels is to suddenly stop doping.
    While taking exogenous steroids, your natural production shuts down.
    It will then take a while to get going again.
  • squiredcp
    squiredcp Posts: 964
    I notice that Simoni has signed the UCI document. If he had done anything really dodgy that could lead to charges I can't see why he would have signed away a year's salary.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by squired</i>

I notice that Simoni has signed the UCI document. If he had done anything really dodgy that could lead to charges I can't see why he would have signed away a year's salary.

If ever found guilty, he's in a position to retire immediately and outwith the authority of any cycling body....I guess its down to the small print in the contract!!

This is my bike:
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure001.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure002.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure003.jpg
  • Langenberg
    Langenberg Posts: 453
    Sorry, probably a little behind the discussion but what would cause these abnormal blood values? I think a previous poster mentioned blood manipulation, i.e. a la Fuentes?

Thanks.

=====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sorry, probably a little behind the discussion but what would cause these abnormal blood values?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I remember an example from Matt Rendell's book on Pantani where a blood test strongly suggested doping with EPO (e.g. Hematocrit, ferritin and I forget what else) but the actual level of EPO in the blood was very low - the interpretation was that Pantani had been doping with r-EPO which caused the body to stop producing its own and the test was taken fairly shortly after doping had stopped and before the body's natural production of EPO had restarted. Speculation, of course, but I found Rendell pretty convincing (although i'm no Haematologist, so what would I know?).
  • Can anyone name the hormones measured here? There are a lot of hormones whizzing about the body.

Do we need to know them? Is this just a case of blood transfusions reducing hormone levels or is it a lack of natural production after supplementary hormone intake or is the result of a masking agent taking out specific hormones?

I'm still confused on why and how with this one?

Self confessed King of The Mole Hill
    Self confessed King of The Mole Hill