Soapbox: antidote to Jehovah's Witnesses.

2»

Comments

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    My brother used to sit in the baker's and watch the bread rise.

That's right, he was the Hovis witness.
  • Unkraut
    Unkraut Posts: 1,103
    That's all we knead ...
  • How was the hot air supplied?
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    If the bakery had been called Joe's Bakery then it would have been Joe's Hovis Witness.
  • Unkraut
    Unkraut Posts: 1,103
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

If the bakery had been called Joe's Bakery then it would have been Joe's Hovis Witness.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<New World Symphony> Aye, lad, 'appen it would</New World Symphony>
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ravenbait</i>

Oh that's easy. I converted one of them. She <i>was</i> a dedicated Witness, from a family of Witnesses, and is now a fully emancipated reflexologist. I'm considered a high risk for converting their followers to something other than Witnessing.

Sam

<font size="1"><font color="teal">The cross product of Tank Girl and Ellen Ripley:</font id="teal">

http://ravenfamily.org
    <font color="purple">"<u>You</u> might remember that 'annoyed' is my natural state!"</font id="purple">

http://gentlemencyclists.org/clubhouse
    <font color="purple">"Ya'd think we could just attract ants, like normal people."</font id="purple"></font id="size1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><i></i><center></center>
    I would love to know how she went from a witness to a fully emancipated reflexologist! Priceless!! [:D]

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • Ravenbait
    Ravenbait Posts: 13,064
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>
    Sadly it appears to be reflexology- one set of mumbo-jumbo for another! [V]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I didn't convert her to reflexology. Reflexology isn't a religion, silly boy!

The reflexology was her choice, and if it makes her happy and provides satisfaction, and people derive benefit from it, then why not? It's not as if she is foisting it on anyone.

She doesn't cable tie unwilling clients to a dentist chair and proceed to perform reflexology on them without their permission.

Sam

<font size="1"><font color="teal">The cross product of Tank Girl and Ellen Ripley:</font id="teal">

<font color="purple">"<u>You</u> might remember that 'annoyed' is my natural state!"</font id="purple">

http://gentlemencyclists.org/clubhouse
    <font color="purple">"Ya'd think we could just attract ants, like normal people."</font id="purple"></font id="size1">

"You might remember that 'annoyed' is my natural state!"
    http://gentlemencyclists.org
    "Ya'd think we could just attracts ants, like normal people."
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    When we lived in the flat in Belfast, a pair of Mormons moved into the flat next door. We lived in mild dread of the day they came to try and convert us. Eventually, after a week or so, there was a polite knock at the door, and on opening it, there they were. One said, very politely in a Utah accent...

"Excuse me, do you have a cheese grater we could borrow please?"

We were happy to oblige, and they never bothered us again...

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    Perhaps becoming a reflexologist was some kind of knee-jerk reaction[?][:)]

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">No, Dougal, that baby elephant is far away!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • gad
    gad Posts: 82
    In one of his novels. ,Terry Pratchett has his hero tell the inhabitants of XXXX an antipodean continent to kill all missionaries on sight. So maybe an AK47, servicable, cheap and readily available or so a policeman friend tells me.

Gad lays back and pedals slowly away, poor old soul. Elephants are people too! Arch for PM. 'Every home fit for baby elephants!'
    Gad lays back and pedals slowly away, poor old soul. Elephants are people too! Arch for PM. \'Every home fit for baby elephants!\'
  • 2fast748
    2fast748 Posts: 28
    I had 2 arrive at my door the day after the tsunami the other year.

They asked me if current world events (war and tsunamis) bothered me. I said yes they did but religion and geology are the problems so thanks but no thanks!
  • BigBren
    BigBren Posts: 145
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">She doesn't cable tie unwilling clients to a dentist chair and proceed to perform reflexology on them without their permission.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Which is, ironically, the only form of reflexology I would actually pay for. Hey ho.

Bren
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Swear this is true.

Met a mormon at a wedding.

His name was Gordon.

Altogether now:

Gordon is a mormon!
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    The hovis gag was OK. Quit while you're ahead.
  • mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ravenbait</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I didn't convert her to reflexology. Reflexology isn't a religion, silly boy!

The reflexology was her choice, and if it makes her happy and provides satisfaction, and people derive benefit from it, then why not? It's not as if she is foisting it on anyone.

She doesn't cable tie unwilling clients to a dentist chair and proceed to perform reflexology on them without their permission.

Sam

Hmmm. I was responding to your earlier statement that <i>"I converted one of them. She was a dedicated Witness, from a family of Witnesses, and is now a fully emancipated reflexologist."</i>

I'm not clear what you did convert her to, but you don't appear to have cured her of gullibility!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>

Sam

Hmmm. I was responding to your earlier statement that <i>"I converted one of them. She was a dedicated Witness, from a family of Witnesses, and is now a fully emancipated reflexologist."</i>

I'm not clear what you did convert her to, but you don't appear to have cured her of gullibility!

Is she currently sending a large amount of money to an account in Lagos?