Stretching

The good doctor
The good doctor Posts: 307
Orginally posted in "know how" but looking to maximise exposure. Thanks
I've just read a thread about back pain and noted Montydogs suggestion to stretch more, especially the hamstrings in order to reduce lower back pain.
With this in mind how much of a "knock on effect" can tight hamstrings have ? How far reaching can the consequences be.
A number of years ago I went to an excellent sports physio (after a few dud ones) to seek treatment for a knee issue. In a nutshell I was told to stretch a lot more than I was resulting in complete cure.
Now I have a few niggle I'd like to address and am curious about interaction between muscle groups.
On another topic is it possible to change ones forum name ??

Thanks

John

Comments

• Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    Are you really a good doctor??!!

A good sports physio should be looking for the cause, not the cure. For example, my brother has occasional low back pain. Cause is? One leg slightly (1cm) shorter than the other. Basically this then lead to a chain reaction of muscle and skeletal misalignment, which caused the back pain. If you are interested in such things, try a physio degree!!!
    (And in general, avoid chiropractors!!)

<font size="1">- Make me a bicycle, clown!
    - All right, I'm going to make you a bicycle. But I don't want to make you a bicycle.
    </font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • gillan1969
    gillan1969 Posts: 3,119
    yes

tight hamstrings was the cause (main cause) of my lower back problems

www.squadraporcini.com