Post A Bernard Manning Joke Here....

2»

Comments

• philip99a
    philip99a Posts: 2,272
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

I know, but surely there are at least a few Scots who aren't like that?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

They are all the same these Northerners - North England, North Scotland, North African, the lot of them! Send them home.

North London, North Cornwall......?

G*d. Hampstead and Padstow. They should all go back and live in the scum hovels where they .......

Tw@t.

Campag Super Nova; faster than a cannon ball
    Cycling - the most fun you can have sitting down.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philip99a</i>

North London, North Cornwall......?

Campag Super Nova; faster than a cannon ball

They're the worst of all those bloody North Londoners and don't get me started on that Rick Stein. He comes over here from the North of somewhere I don't even know where it is on a map and takes our jobs and our fish - why doesn't he take his own fish? I'll tell you why, cos he's a Northerner that's why! Scum.
  • Mr Celine
    Mr Celine Posts: 170
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

Pints of Buckies all round.

Only for those who like shellfish.

Or did you mean pints of Buckie all round?

<i>What is grey and comes in pints?</i>
  • Mr Celine
    Mr Celine Posts: 170
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vernonlevy</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr Celine</i>

What's black and doesn't work?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Bernard Manning's kidneys.

No less offensive than a Bernard Manning Joke.

It is a Bernard Manning joke. The only one that ever made me laugh.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:D]

• papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

Those who like Manning should all go back and live in the scum hovels where they were born with their Northern dole-scrounging scum parents, illiterate junkies that they are, bleeding the country dry with their whining pitiful northern attitudes, blaming everyone else for problems of their own making due to their fagging, alcoholic sitting on their fat arse lifestyles. Sterilisation would be too good for them - there, that is not quite as bad as Manning but bordering on the kind of vicious hatred he would have liked. I am sure his fans would approve.

How far north are we going?

who cares - they know who they are [;)]

I know, but surely there are at least a few Scots who aren't like that?

Naah, he's pretty much got us all nailed there!

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • papercorn2000

Its "Bucky" or possibly "Buckie" Patrick and it is never drunk by the pint. For the authentic experience, it should be drunk straight from the (chilled) bottle or, in select hostelries, by the (double)measure from a highball glass. (The bottle-serving method has the advantage of giving the imbiber a handy weapon (chib) for when the full effects kick in)

Don't confuse our genteel ways with your MD 20/20 habits.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

Its "Bucky" or possibly "Buckie" Patrick and it is never drunk by the pint. For the authentic experience, it should be drunk straight from the (chilled) bottle or, in select hostelries, by the (double)measure from a highball glass. (The bottle-serving method has the advantage of giving the imbiber a handy weapon (chib) for when the full effects kick in)

Down here we have a Bucky with the paper bag round the bottle so it's difficult to see what size the bottle is.
  • Pringlecp
    Pringlecp Posts: 771
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr Celine</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vernonlevy</i>

What's black and doesn't work?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Bernard Manning's kidneys.

No less offensive than a Bernard Manning Joke.

It is a Bernard Manning joke. The only one that ever made me laugh.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:D]

elephants?

Another year older, another Budweiser
  • Pringlecp
    Pringlecp Posts: 771
    Manning style jokes -

Did you hear about the Scotsman who was so tight he took his own wife with him on holiday to Thailand?

Paddy and Murphy had a terrible day yesterday at the London sperm donor clinic - Paddy missed the tube and Murphy came on the bus!

.... I'll get me coat

• papercorn2000

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

Down here we have a Bucky with the paper bag round the bottle so it's difficult to see what size the bottle is.

You should be able to tell the size ae the boatil fae the weight as it collides with yir coupon.[:D]

• Bernard Manning on the Mrs Merton show openly admitted he was racist and thought people who were born here and not white dont belong because a dog born in a stable is still a dog. He went on to say no pakis fought for this country in D day or Dunkirk or in any war for us. If he had checked his facts first he would have found out that the country which supplied most troops from the Empire in all the wars was in fact India. Moere than Canada, Australia US and millions of blacks from the caribbean and Africa served Britain during the wars.

He was a bigot, ignoramus and a fool those are the nice things to say about him. It was shocking seeing those police cheer on his racist jokes, when they of all people can put their bigotry into practice with impunity most of the time. It was the same Manchester police force that we saw the BBC's undercover documentary expose racist police officers. The reaction of the police was to cover it up, by trying to get the Home Secretary and BBC from broadcasting it. They were finally shamed into action. I wouldnt be surprised if they perform a guard of honour or send him a memorial for all the good he has done for confidence in the police force
  • That was then this is now.

We have all moved on.

george

2 Bikes
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/imjibi/Bikes
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    or have we..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifr4zLZ9 ... ed&search=

now - take a look at this video. Jim Jeffries claims to be 'spaz approved'. That's spaz as in SCOPE. And his opening line to gays -'if you can take a dick up your arse, you can take a joke' brought the house down. (I'm not sure how much of that will survive the Future Censorman, but you get the idea).

The night I saw Jim Jeffries a black comedian came on and made a string of jokes at the expense of blacks - but Jeffries was the funniest, and the most extreme, by a street.

So, my question is - how do you distinguish between Bernard Manning's comedy in the service or racism on the one hand and Jim Jeffries exposure of our dirty little secrets on the other? Or don't you find Jim funny?
  • The TV show that probably did most to foster racism was one which was devised to show how ridiculous it was, and that was Till Death Us Do Part. The part of Alf Garnett was supposed to make people see how stupid racists were, and to laugh at them. It actually had the opposite effect and people laughed with the character rather than at him. I remember both in my latter years at school and my first years at work when the show was in it's prime that he became a sort working class hero to many, people taking great delight in immitating the character when they talked about blacks or Asians.

Nobody ever got laid because they were using Shimano
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Smokin Joe</i>

The TV show that probably did most to foster racism was one which was devised to show how ridiculous it was, and that was Till Death Us Do Part. The part of Alf Garnett was supposed to make people see how stupid racists were, and to laugh at them. It actually had the opposite effect and people laughed with the character rather than at him. I remember both in my latter years at school and my first years at work when the show was in it's prime that he became a sort working class hero to many, people taking great delight in immitating the character when they talked about blacks or Asians.

unfortunately I think you're spot on the money there (except for the Shimano bit - it always works for me). So - here's my next question. Is it what is said, or the effect of what is said that is important?
  • I think it's down to the talent of the writer and the performer. Till Death was brilliantly written and acted, and it struck a cord in working class areas which were experiencing coloured immigration and didn't really know how to deal with the changes that were taking place. Whatever your views on Manning, he was widely regarded as being technically very skilled as a comedian. If you are funny enough when you make disparaging comments about minorities you will re-enforce the views of the bigots and make the waverers believe that it is acceptable to engage in racist or homophobic behaviour while still being a fair minded person yourself.