Pedals - A or M?

2»

Comments

• quote]
    Thanks A Spokesperson,
    I'd been thinking of getting M424's or M545's to replace my M324's http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/products/M ... edals.aspx which are a bit frustrating to get back into sometimes and give me hotfoot after a while.
    [/quote]
    No probs SteveOC, glad to be of help.
  • hi photojonny, i have the sonoma shoes and the M520's first class really easy in and out, make sure you dont have them adjusted too tight until you get used to them

steveaps
  • M520's and the basic specialized shoes. Feel lost without them now.

<font size="1">Work</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">Play</font id="size1">
  • photojonny
    photojonny Posts: 382
    haven't been out on them yet because the d@mn pedal spanner in the lidl toolbox is too soft to get my pedals off! it just bent. going to take it to the LBS when the rain relents, and have already set the pedals to least resistance!

where there's two wheels, there's a way....

• cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by photojonny</i>

haven't been out on them yet because the d@mn pedal spanner in the lidl toolbox is too soft to get my pedals off! =<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I wouldn't be too hard on Lidl. I had the same thing happen to a good quality Chrome Vanadium spanner. I took it to the bike shop and they used a dedicated pedal spanner that was about 2 feet long and even that was a struggle. I used Copaslip when I put my M520s on and when I changed the chainset, they unscrewed without any problems.
  • photojonny
    Nah, I'm pretty impressed with the Lidl kit for œ18. I've been able to do everything else I've wanted with it.

• photojonny
    Had the LBS fit them today, and just rode around a bit and then back home. They are so much easier to use than toes clips. At my first junction I pulled away and it just clipped in easy as you like.

With the M520s set to the least tension there's lots of float, prolly a little too much and might tighten them up in a few days, but unclipping was a doddle. Hope to go for a long sun with them tomorrow.