Eurosport Duffisms

2»

Comments

• andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    ...sorry I should have pointed out that you need to turn your granny to face the wall before reading my last post...
  • there is an alternative of english commentary on www.cycling.tv but i don't know if its any better........[8D]

www.braveheartfund.com
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianS</i>

there is an alternative of english commentary on www.cycling.tv but i don't know if its any better........[8D]

www.braveheartfund.com

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No, it's not [:D][:D] Although I can understand some of it [;)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianS</i>

there is an alternative of english commentary on www.cycling.tv but i don't know if its any better........[8D]

www.braveheartfund.com

No, it's not [:D][:D] Although I can understand some of it [;)]

That's what makes it entertaining! [8D]

www.braveheartfund.com
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I shall be tuning in later so give me a mention [;)]
  • We Love David Duffield
    http://www.addiscombe.org/features/duff ... ffield.htm

cyclingfever.com/
    cyclingfever.com/
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Calm down everyone, it's only the Dauphine Libere. Just be thankful he doesn't do commentary on the grand tours any more. A lot of people are fond of the old codger and are happy he's still enjoying his job. He's done a lot more for cycling than any of his critics.

And to all you Simpson critics, his amphetamine use wasn't against the rules then, so he wasn't cheating. Legend has it his last words, after collapsing, were "put me back on my bike", and as a nation we have more respect from the French for that one line than anything achieved by any other British racers. Next time you are struggling up a Col with panniers the local drivers will be encouraging you with shouts of "Bon Courage" and "Tommy Simpson" and you can feel a glow of pride at being accepted as part of the tradition of suffering on your bike.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • peter_andrew
    peter_andrew Posts: 373
    Anybody notice the one yesterday. Discusing glasses being stuck into helmets and them being upside down. He said they wont do much good there to keep the flies out their mouth.
    Just brilliant. What makes Duffers so good.

Peter
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>
    [snip]

And to all you Simpson critics, his amphetamine use wasn't against the rules then, so he wasn't cheating. Legend has it his last words, after collapsing, were "put me back on my bike", and as a nation we have more respect from the French for that one line than anything achieved by any other British racers. Next time you are struggling up a Col with panniers the local drivers will be encouraging you with shouts of "Bon Courage" and "Tommy Simpson" and you can feel a glow of pride at being accepted as part of the tradition of suffering on your bike.

Sorry, but your facts are incorrect.

Cheers, Andy

http://www.stirlingtri.co.uk