Origamist Posts: 807
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Check out the new Lucas Brunelle "London Calling" Vid:

http://www.digave.com/videos/

Folders

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Not big, nor clever.....btu exciting to watch. If you watch closely one of the guys falls off before they even leave the car park[:D] and the near head on collision with the police car was amusing, I'd like them to explain that to the cops if they had went over the bonnet!!

SNAPS
  • jakob_s
    jakob_s Posts: 477
    Not big, not clever, but the guy on the fixie got some skills.

FGG #2384
  • richteacp
    richteacp Posts: 1,137
    ****wits.

<font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">--
  • cannot condone such behaviour but some great riding there.

And I though downhill mtb was a rush.

Be bright Be seen
  • Brock_71
    Brock_71 Posts: 775
    Hilarious!
    I noticed the black cabbie was much less inclined to give up his right of way than the NY traffic in Brunelle's other videos.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">
  • Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    70Mb!

that's going to have to wait

I watched the NYC one a few days, what a buzz even just watching it, their necks

used to drink in the Duke of York in Clerkenwell a long time ago, loads of cycle couriers in there (they didn't talk to anyone not in bike gear mind); they used to run some sort of road race from there on some sort of circuit, no rules, not they#d ever tell you, offish buggers
  • Brock_71
    Nicely rounded off by the typically English call of 'w<font size="2">a</font id="size2">nkaaaah!' at the end there. [:D]

• richteacp
    richteacp Posts: 1,137
    A fairly accurate description though to be fair.

<font size="1">--
    <font size="1">--
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    wow i just watched that and its got my pulse racing! how are they never hit by a car in that vid i dont know!?

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bikeim9.jpg
  • the guys who, stood in the road taking offence to nearly being hit by about 6 bikers towards the end was mildly amusing.
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    most of that run is up and down - a sort of endless loop round soho. the first and last bits are my commute, i may take some lessons on how they deal with london traffic.

riding with other people at those kind of speeds through london is fun, but also tantamount to suicide.

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
    summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv
  • Phil Scp
    Phil Scp Posts: 2,525
    Bunch of tw@ts, how is this mentality any better than chavs drag racing on the streets in souped-up Novas. If that had been me on foot I'd have taken the k*nt down and wrapped his fixie around his face.
  • Brock_71
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phil S</i>

Bunch of tw@ts, how is this mentality any better than chavs drag racing on the streets in souped-up Novas. If that had been me on foot I'd have taken the k*nt down and wrapped his fixie around his face.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Pretty good example of chav mentality yourself there Phil.

• DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    The worst of the boy racers "on bikes". Being on a bike doesnt make that sort of road use any more right. I dont see anything which resembles special bike handling skill, just sucidal risk taking...
  • RhysD
    RhysD Posts: 105
    idiots. and idiots with really bad music taste.

they all saw BMX Bandits when they were 11 and never grew up, wanting to tear around the streets in a little gang. pathetic.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DavidTQ</i>

The worst of the boy racers "on bikes". Being on a bike doesnt make that sort of road use any more right. I dont see anything which resembles special bike handling skill, just sucidal risk taking...

Whilst I agree with the first part, you're utterly wrong on the skills. Sure, suicidal risk taking, but if you can't see the skill required for that sort of riding then you have plenty to learn before it will become apparent to you.

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • DavidTQ
    Sorry but I dont see any more skill in that sort of maneouvering than I see in prats doing similiar stuff in their saxos. As a kid I used to do a fair bit with my BMX, That involved a lot of balance and bike control I see nothing but dodgy lines and trying to squeeze into gaps, I dont see as that takes special skills. The average punk kid out in h is saxo would claim "skillz" whilst carrying out similiar manevouvres whilst having very little car handling ability beyond point and hope.

Explain to me what skills you are seeing there?
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Cross-threading here, but I suppose that the only reason why they had to run all those red lights was to avoid being crushed by left-turning lorries. After all, that's the only reason there is, right?

<b>You're not the boss of me.</b>
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • ****e music and pathetic - any idiot can ride like an idiot.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    That just tells me you don't have enough riding skills to be able to appreciate how hard what they're doing is.

<font size="1">My bikes

• Tynancp
    london's top cycle couriers have no riding skills shocker

I liked it a lot, not as good as the nyc one but they didn't have the huge roads, ped crossings and heavy traffic to work with

someone riding at that speed through London without having a wreck must be doing something right, time and again I think they're going to go over/under
  • Phil Scp
    Phil Scp Posts: 2,525
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brock_71</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phil S</i>

Pretty good example of chav mentality yourself there Phil.

If you or one of your relatives had ever been run into by one of these bozos you'd probably think the same.
  • Black Keith
    Black Keith Posts: 224
    have you, or any of your relatives ever been "run into" by a law breaking cyclist?

just curious.

ive just finished watching all the videos on his site and there are some mental rides and incredible bike handling skills on there. In the NYC one i think i saw a few parts where i didnt think i could even walk nevertheless ride at that pace through there! highly impressed even if it is lunacy

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bikeim9.jpg
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    I am shocked and horrified at the amount of peds that walk in the road without looking![:0]

Ok, the video was fun, exhilarating, dangerous, foolish, wild etc... But the peds who were walking with their heads down not looking is just insane. That's (one of) the dangerous things about central London, people walk in the roads like it was part of the pavement.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Black Keith</i>

have you, or any of your relatives ever been "run into" by a law breaking cyclist?

just curious.

Yes
  • DavidTQ
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BentMikey</i>

That just tells me you don't have enough riding skills to be able to appreciate how hard what they're doing is.

<font size="1">My bikes

I disagree I think any cyclist COULD do that, I CUOLD ride down the side of the bus or down the wrong side of the road I COULD rely on cars timing not to kill me, So to could the pillocks in saxo's

These ever so skilled cyclists so skilled they manage to fall over in the car park....

These guys display all the same road skills as the McDonalds carpark crowd who keep believeing they are immortal until the day something goes wrong. Ive never seen an ounce of real talent in those muppets either.

You may claim its skills that they got through their I say its the same luck that keeps so many saxo kids alive. How many situations is there in that video where its only due to someone else actions that they didnt stack. Thats not cyclists skill thats relying on luck and other people, thats not a skill thats just plain dangerous. I see nothing technical in what they do I see nothing that an average cyclist couldnt do just that most cyclists wouldnt do.
  • Tynancp
    yeah, i bet law breaking cyclists kill thousands in this country, that's really one to get antsy about

I've hit quite a few peds over the years, really dropped one hard once, always completely their fault, running out into the road usually or stepping out through stopped traffic from behind a bus/truck/whatever

you wanna get arsey, get arsey with law breaking pedestrians
  • Black Keith
    Black Keith Posts: 224

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Black Keith</i>

just curious.

Yes

so what happened then?

If that had been me on foot I'd have taken the k*nt down and wrapped his fixie around his face.
    I think it is worth nentioning here that GBH is a considerably more serious criminal offence than jumping a light.