Quick Step raids

2»

Comments

• pumpkincp
    pumpkincp Posts: 51
    Fuzzy, don't talk such absolute garbage.

Have you ever tried cycling on a pill? Or even the next day?

Trust me, it's not pleasant and it does not enable you to push yourself harder than normal. Quite the opposite.
  • aarwcp
    aarwcp Posts: 258
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pumpkin</i>

Fuzzy, don't talk such absolute garbage.

Have you ever tried cycling on a pill? Or even the next day?

Trust me, it's not pleasant and it does not enable you to push yourself harder than normal. Quite the opposite.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Can you imagine the crash rate?![B)][8]

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=159638
  • pumpkincp
    pumpkincp Posts: 51
    Oh, and this business of athletes as role models is an absolute crock as well.

If you want to reach the very top in just about any sport you have to be selfish, egotistical, arrogant, willing to trample all over anyone who stands in your way and prepared not only to make sacrifices yourself but also to sacrifice friends and family in the pursuit of personal glory.

If you were to carry out some sort of 'good citizen' test I reckon elite athletes in whatever sport would rank only just above sadistic psychopaths and career criminals.

This 'role model' thing is a canard trotted out by those who think sport needs to justify itself in some way. It doesn't. Sport is its own justification. We love it and that's enough.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Oh I think you're being a bit harsh, Pumpkin.

LA for instance is a very likeable, well adjusted man.

why is it sunny all week yet rains at weekends ?
  • Langenberg
    Langenberg Posts: 453
    Well, but Ullrich was quite nice when he wasn't on speed!! But then again, he only became 2nd most of the time.

=====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.