Strains

Aidocp
Aidocp Posts: 868
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I strained something on a 100miler, the tendon that connects the calf to the back of the knee I think. I done some gentle commuting the following week, it got no worse but was still there, it was only a slight niggle. I rested it completely last week, it felt like it'd gone away so I went for a gentle 37 miler on Saturday and 50 miler on Sunday. Monday morning apart from tight thighs it felt like it had completely gone away, so i opened up on the commute to work feeling fine however at the end of the day something streching from the top inside of the leg to the thigh seemed really tight and sore. The same thing happened to day I felt no pain at all in the morning but as the day has went on I can feel both strains flaring up again and the calf is sore too front and back.
Any idea what's causing this? hopefully it wont put me off the bike, I hate waiting for a Bus and then sitting in a Traffic Jam[}:)]

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?

Comments

• PhilBixby
    PhilBixby Posts: 697
    I'll preface this by saying I'm no expert and this is purely personal experience, but when I pulled something in my thigh in a race crash last year it took about a month to really sort itself out. Up until then if I did anything other than gentle exercise it would hurt. Taking it easy, and plenty of careful, gentle stretching, seemed to help sort it.

Phil B
    Clifton CC York