thursday boosting pineapple yield with a deuterium-tritium core

'ning

smidge milder again, though early cloud

coffee, confcall with gmc punter as i can't be bothered to go to their office - it's almost 3km away, there are limits - wfh, check if pinno learned some basic physics from beans, perhaps a ride, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,118

Shoot sleep at the hospice, unfortunately at that point with the MIL

my amazing SIL is up today, when I say amazing I mean horrific human, her latest special is steeling my wife’s make up she had left at the hospice 🤷‍♂️

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196
    edited September 19

Morning

Lovely start again.

Beans is not the unstoppable force but I am the immovable object. He is learning this. The current malarkey is:

Beans comes in at 10ish in the PM. Sits on me and purrs and demands a fuss. I oblige. He settles into a deep clean. Dozes a little. Then gets a notion for some Dreamies, tries to butter me up (I do little to encourage him) then gets agitated with me and then tries to chew my arm off when I don't respond so I then show him hierarchy and the floor (gravity). This routine seems to be fixed in stone. Social physics I guess. A bit like social geography. It's a bit of a Mickey Mouse degree for Beans.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049

Pretty much pitch black when I get up now, at least it's light by time I get on the bike and warm enough this morning for a shorts and t-shirt communt into town. On the plus side, the darkness means that hounds are less likely to wake up and sound the 'Blue Meanie' alarm when I'm sneaking around getting ready.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268

just noticed the mute button on the tv remote turns on the new nas box, that explains the beeping

confcallers droning on, considering another coffee

this paper...

https://journals.aps.org/prl/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevLett.35.1442

...should inspire beans, the first author is the second author's human, fdc willard is chester the cat

https://journals.aps.org/2014/04/01/aps-announces-a-new-open-access-initiative

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Chilly misty start to ride , turned into a cloudless and wind free day, ideal cycle weather. Rode with different pal as usual one has his fractured pelvis!

Haven't injured this one yet....

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 942

Afternoon

Early start this morning but I was a bit fragile after yesterday’s 86 mile ride with the boomers and followed by a couple of pints. Then out to village pub for a goodbye session, lots turned up probably just make sure we were actually leaving. Expensive night getting rounds with both groups. Been for a measuring session at new house, then a trip to the tip.

Later is out for meal to spend one of Mrs W vouchers she got as a leaving present from the blokes at work.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227

scorchio work sesh on The Reserve completed, summertime is here.

Air fryer purchase button just pushed, Ninja should get delivered tomorrow. It will a damn sight more efficient than the crappy heat-leaking under counter oven thing I inherited with The Project.

Right time to get outside for a laze, not exerting for a change, in the sunshiiinnne with a coldie. Or 2.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,766
    edited September 19

Evening folks,

Busy day on the hamster wheel, unfortunately had to drive the EPO in so no wobble. Was a remarkably balmy day so we wandered up to the cafe for a fry up. I then spent the afternoon trying not to nod off. Got home to find my new watch had arrived, very pleased with it. Hopefully the picture works. It's bigger than my usual watch, but being titanium is quite light.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049

Nice one - I also twigged about the connection 🙂

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!