thursday discontinuously deforming the manifold

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

not raining, still way too cloudy

early ride, coffee, wfh, stroll for browse bubbly coffee and biccie, maybe scoff avocados too, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Debating a short run before work, still feeling tired though and not really sure why,

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod

early ride rode, brekkie and coffee next

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Morning les cannibales emplumé

Cold and cloudy and breezy. I think that it's officially shyte weather.

Do stuff.

First; coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Morning. Wet, grey and gloomy. Contemplated taking the car. Dried up a bit so rode instead. Winter boots still soaked inside from Tuesday.

Coffee. More coffee and a bit more. At least is is not as stupidly busy as yesterday.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Stubborn little sausage dog ruined my run. Will need to go out again tonight now...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Change his name to Woodbine and take him for a drag in the park.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Rain stayed away non the morning communt, but not so sure I get away with it on the way home so have my plastic shorts and boil in the bag rain jacket on standby. Bit knackered after 2x 5.40am kick-offs on the trot so may not need a Cider to fall asleep later. But will have one anyway.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Meh, meetings, too far from home and need to run later.

bright side just booked tomorrow off

• sungod

acquired some more summer togs, scoffed eggs and avocado, sipping bubbly before the coffee and biccie

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034

Morning, we've had a few showers pass through, roads quite damp here so I expect the lanes around Old Winchester Hill will be like gritty brooks.

Probably a day for turbo, with perhaps a small outdoor ride late afternoon or early evening if the wet stops.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Afternoon

Just been into town on the bus and if that’s future of getting older I think I’ll top myself now. I think I just met all those stereotypical old Tory voters. I need to go on the turbo but I’m not sure I can raise the motivation now.

• pinno
    edited May 30

But the rain down there is much warmer than the rain up here. I know. Go pedal. Go up Butts lane backwards.

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno

Roll back the years. Chase Kelly in Flanders on the Turbo, catch him, rub him on the belly and leave him in the trail of the dust you create soloing to victory and everlasting fame. You can even do the commentary yourself.

• pinno

Stop buying the damn summer clobber SG, we beg you. Buy brolly's, gum boots and sou'westers.

• sungod

heading off to various sunnyhot places over the next few months, one must be spiffy

anyway, it's shorts weather in london now (whenever it's not raining)

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

How come SG’s buying summer gear is leading winter weather. Yet my buying Goretex jackets, fleeces and tweed suits is also leading to winter weather. Do I need to change my name to Winter god.

• pinno
  • Woke too early after long sesh at Uni reunion in London (winced at the price of a pint!) Yesterday.

Decided we should meet a bit sooner next time as numbers might be dropping gradually - can't find a grim reaper emoji.....

Breakfast bit of tourist wandering, popped into Condor cycles, ogled stuff, then train home - LNER 1st class - food and some cans of their beer.

Home and meet OH after our separate cycle tours...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Evening folks,

Busy couple of days, up in the wilds of Lincolnshire yesterday, got home rather late after long meetings and too much driving. I feel like TLW but had no inclination to run anywhere thankfully. I did go to a pub however.

Today was catching up with all the usual work shizzle. Many stupid questions to be dealt with, lack of much humour resulting in some rather short answers. Smiting may be the answer. Shirking from home tomorrow thankfully.