Wind Noise Question

Hello.

Does anyone know of a helmet that doesn’t have a lot of wind noise @15mph and above?

my hearing is bad enough already and I’m trying to preserve it as well as make the ride enjoyable (and talk to my stoker when on the tandem).

I’ve tried earplugs and quickly decided that was a bad idea.

Comments

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

I have a Kask protone and I can’t say I notice any wind noise with it. But I don’t think it’s been an issue with any helmet I’ve worn. I get more noise from the tyres.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

I have a Kask Protone too and while it is the quietest I have had I still think I hear vehicles behind me when going faster than 25 kmph. Ear shape relating to airflow may be partly the issue.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • davebradswmb
    davebradswmb Posts: 518

I've no experience, but there is a product to address your issue

Available on Amazon in the UK

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

I too have been looking at these. They do make you look a bit like Noddy Holder though.

I'm going to get my wife to knock me up a pair from some fluffy fabric she has and some velcro strips to see if the principle works for me.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

kask protone is the quietest helmet i've used

in general, make sure the straps are adjusted to be flush to the head, especially the bits sitting ahead of the ears

sunglasses also create some noise, i use frameless oakleys, they're pretty quiet

as above, ear shape will also be a factor

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny