saturday the dangers of obedience and the violence of truth

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

possibly bit nippy, but bright, going to try without warmers

ride, cafes, possibly bask, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Hotel fry up, looks dry outside, Langholm to Gala today.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Meh, grey - but not wet.

Ponder pedalling options with coffee.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Clouds starting to clear, sunny spells forecast, crack on with the outside tasks, so many w-i-p, do need to get some of them actually completed. And get the gravel bike fettled, been a while wot wiv meds and consequences and that...

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Dry, bright and warm. Off for a pootle with the wife on her eBike. I'll try to keep up with her.

Grabbing a spot of lunch then a pootle back. Nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno

What' with the sh*t 80's band The The SG?!

I mean, yesterdays 'Infected' is utter shyte. This has to stop.

I'm going to stick this earworm in your head. So there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqwq4AgMiik

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Nice sunny day so going to chill outside for a bit with the hounds while Mrs. 666 pots her seedlings and does general garden-y stuff. Riding buddy was out on the lash last night so he's asked to ride on Monday 🙄

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Afternoon all. Steady run this morning fir a change, tad gutted as few yards short of a half marathon. Picking OH up from town later then going to ABBA tribute with a few beers thrown in. Even managed to mow my lawn. Hopefully the weather will stay dry. Enjoy your Bank Holiday folks

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666

Just signed up to go see The Undertones play end of August. In some small venue in Northampton I've never heard of before. Looking forward to that.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Afternoon

Managed to shave, shower and dress myself this morning as I now have sussed how to get the shoulder sling on and off without assistance. Been for a walk so it’s cycling watching for the rest of the day.

• Stevo_666
    edited May 25

I know, but still better than a tribute band and only £30. Did the same with The Jam a few years ago and other way round with Hugh Cornwell (it was him minus the rest of the Stranglers).

Although one of the most fun gigs I ever went to was a 'triple tribute' evening to The Ramones, The Clash and The Pistols down at the 100 Club. 13 quid...

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

bike ride followed by being the first loser at a 5k, need more speed work as I’m not speedy.

bit of gardening then off to wife’s uncles for a bbq and beer, staying over in the van

• pinno

Good ride in the wind. Slow out, silly speeds back.

Now that vincesummerrockshox has left the area, the weather has improved exponentially. He's not to come back.

• Stevo_666

Large G&T while the sun sets over the North Downs.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Evening folks,

Nice day today, opticians appointment this morning followed by a trip up to the Barbican for an exhibition, this was followed by a drink at the Black Friar, then another for good measure. Then walked back to Waterloo along the South Bank with another couple at another fine London hostelry. Why do so many people drink in large characterless bars when there are some truly great pubs around? We were going to stop at the pub off Ely Place in the city, but it's only open Monday to Friday. Stopped by St Ethelreda's, the oldest catholic church in the city, as that's where my kids were christened and my sister got married.

Now feeling snoozy on the couch

• Dry day to Galashiels, but it was following me, raining now. Available for bookings for drought reversal.