friday there's a high wind blowin' and the stars are shining bright

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

nippy but dry, hint of brightness

coffee, wfh, maybe stroll for bubbly and free coffee+biccie, try to resist avocados, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Wet again, miserable bloody weather. Kids are in Mexico sending pictures of beaches and sunburn to make things worse.

mundane day ahead, might resort to tidying the garage later.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Mornink workers, currently fielding a hangover from over indulgence last night after meeting up with mates. Luckily nothing planned apart from a quick visit to lbs later to get wheels converted to 12mm axles and 12spd. Currently dry out, hopefully stays like that. Have a good wkend all.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Great taches and hair do's SG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V36NEXvGIgg

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Morning les aztèques

Not raining! But grey.

Chores, stuff, appointments, bollox.

First; coffee.

Laters

• sungod

eh? how dare you!

the wind is high not warm

therefore it must be...

best to watch all the other videos of the album first, or at least the first track...

• pinno

That's even worse!

• sungod
  • pinno
    edited May 24

Supermarkets: the litmus test of civilisation?

No body reverses into a slot so you play Russian roulette driving by a line of cars. Don't park between cars or you'll get your door dinged.

Then you have the mission dolly's. They're on their shopping mission; white knuckled, indiscernible expression as they see right through you to the next item on their unfathomable list. Do not get in the way or you'll be mowed down. There's a draught as they go by like a juggernaut passing when you're out pedalling. Scary, scary people.

Then there's the dawdlers. They are attempting to better their lives and ponder which of the 5 a day to extend their miserable existences with a shopping 'experience'. Julia Roberts or George Clooney appearing naked holding a £100k cheque and professing undying love with 2 tickets to Zihuatanejo will not suddenly appear. Forget it. Temporarily lifted out of their depression, spurred on by jingly jangly feel good background music before going home to banality or work with associated/extra banality or both. They will take their time. They stand there in the way and you cannot get in. You know what you want - you can see it but you can't get there and you do no exist. Sophisticated physical theory has boiled down to this; they are the immovable objects and the mission dolly's are the unstoppable force. Women glued to their phones searching for a coupon to give them 5% off which equate to 3p and a subsequent feeling of jubilance, victory.

Articles 3: The bletherers. Similar to the above. They are blethering and in the way and you do not exist. Their trolleys are stacked so high, you wonder if the supermarket should supply omnibus versions. You'll have to go the long way round for the sake of 3 yards.

You can exit said supermarket using the soul less self service till which barks orders at you and reminds you to take your receipt before you have even got you card back in your wallet. It will summon the Gestapo if you attempt to buy cough syrup to placate the hypochondria without authorisation. They have been programmed to strike the balance between potential theft and thanking the customer for handing over cash. Or... you can go to a till where you are greeted with a body well rehearsed with platitudes and you know they have watched the company introductory video. You never know if they are actually pleased to see you or secretly they want you to have a heart attack Infront of them because then something will have actually happened.

Leave at the merci of that bulging black security tag on the tonic bottle, praying that it doesn't trigger the shoplifter alert beeper and everyone looking at you as if you are Fred West.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Can you post a bit of whatever you've been smoking to me? 🙂

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

I was going to say that that this morning is my Friday as I've got the afternoon off, but that doesn't sound right.

Headed off to do spot of virtual racing later with a couple of mates, should be fun. Trying to decide what cars to drive and what circuits to do, it's a bit like a track day version of the Matrix 🙂

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Mo-arning.

Day off so busy in the garden hacking down stuff and bagging it. Off to tip in a bit. Then shopping. Then hanging on the telephone to the Office of the Public Guardian to sort out the pigs ear of a mess they are making with me and my wife's LPA application. They are seriously fecking useless. Their thumb doesn't even know what their index finger is doing. Total shambles. Letters back and forth due to apparent wrong date order in signing docs even though we did the to letter what they told us to do. Eejits!

Then drinks later with work colleagues for a birthday. Could get messy.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

According to MrsHD driving into the centre of Manchester via one the busiest motorway junctions around on a Friday around 3pm is a good idea...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod

you're going to the wrong shop

i'm on the first sip of bubbly, just treated myself to a lovely balmain biker jacket

nice balmain lady knocked off a few bottles worth for being a regular and sashaying up resplendent in their togs

think I'll have the avocados, maybe another bubbly

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Afternoon

Now back home from hospital due to not getting on the ward from theatre till half at last night. Apparently the healthy / fitter you are, the later you are on the list. Which says a lot for the state of the other patients. So in the words on my surgeon “ when I got in there it wasn’t the car crash I was expecting “ . So Rotor cuff repaired, bicep tendon removed and general tidying and knock off lumps of bone. Sling for 6 weeks and trying to avoid stressing it, physio follow up booked and appointment arranged for stitches to be removed. So all I’ve got to do for the next 6 weeks is to try and avoid getting fatter.

• pinno
  • Stevo_666

I'm off racing at Spa this afternoon in a 911 GT3 Cup car. What are you up to? 😜

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

Another busy day in the orifice, managed a reasonable wobble in on the pub hack. Being a Friday I'm sure you can all guess why I'd be riding that if I have to come in. Stopping on the way home to collect a pair of NOS Ofmega hubs for the old roadie. Going to build up a spare pair of wheels with clincher rims, I can feel SG's disappointment from here. Hopefully his new desmond has more than compensated.

Sounds like good news from the op Webboo, hopefully you'll heal fast.

Onwards and upwards...

• sungod

pinno's story affected me so much that i had to have another bubbly and go for a browse in fine watches

mostly cloudy out now, but pleasantly mild

• pinno
    edited May 24
  • pinno

If you actually need a reason for bubbly, then just ask for a Pinno jackanory. Although, this service won't always be free.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Did the surgeon manage to sort it then or was he just sweeping up the glass from the car crash?

• Stevo_666

I've been for a blast in an AMG as well today, none of this sub-500bhp rubbish 😉

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Evening

Not much happening today. Uninspiring weather all day, but not raining. Still feels like a wasted day off though and CBA going to the local TT this evening.

3rd visit to the local motor factors this morning and 3rd time they've been closed. Facebook page still says they are open and ebay store still up.

Ended up getting the rest of the service parts from Halfords. Now the sump plug seems stuck and it wasn't me as the garage did it last time. Will try and procure a decent T50 socket over the weekend to get it out. Did things the safe way with the axle stands, then when I dragged one of them out it fell over and smashed my finger 😑

On the plus side, managed to pick up a new backpack sprayer to replace my broken one so the jungle can get sprayed properly for the first time in a year while telling the neighbours I'm hunting ghosts.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Did you miss the bit where I said rotor cuff repaired. Or three holes drilled in bones, tendons stitched and attached to holes.

• Stevo_666
  • Castle Douglas to Langholm today, a few drops of rain but otherwise dry and mostly tailwind, only missed the route a couple of times.....

• Actually apart from crossing the M6/M74 a lot of it was - unless you weren't being sarcastic 😄

• pinno

I wasn't. Todays leg should be good too. I looked at the route map.

• Yep, 2 of us live in Galashiels so we are hitting roads we already know now. It has been a pretty good route so far.