sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

monsoon paused, maybe cloudybright

coffee wfh stroll laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Booked summer, fly to Milan, laze in Menaggio for a week and mow the lawns etc. fly south to Sorrento etc for an extended week of cocktails and sightseeing.

May take travel fishing rod on leg 2.

Work today, take the dog out later.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

What happens to the lawns when you're not there?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Morning les bachi-bouzouks des Carpates

Blowing a hooley and pouring innit. B*stards.

Beans has cabin fever and Shorty is trying to entertain him. He brought me a live mouse at silly o'clock last night that I couldn't catch but the trap got him/her overnight. I released him this morning. Tiny thing.

Seeing new estate agent at 11.30.

First, coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Short day , light rain morning, hopefully finish before heavy rain later !

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning

Deluge free here at the moment. Had a slice of toast at 6:30 that’s the last food till who knows. I had packed my stuff to take with me to hospital. However Mrs W threw a wobbly that I had packed my stuff in a canvas shopping bag and the spare boxers I had packed the colour had run a bit. Something about she would be so embarrassed if someone had to help me on with said boxers give the state of them.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Colourfast boxers with only the factory standard holes here today. Hope the op goes well.

Car dropped off for MOT, randomly bumped into a friend on the way back out walking the dog so had a nice chat on the way back up.

Might go the gym later after picking up the car.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Mrongni to all the bad spellers out there.

Cooler start. Nice ride to work. Feeling refreshed after nice hot shower.

Good luck with the op Webboo2. Hope there is no need for them to go near the boxer dept. especially as they are looking at your shoulder. Anyway, stranger things have happened under anesthetic. You might wake up shaved with a hernia scar.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Good luck webbo

work snizzle, finally cracked and upset some people (for the right reason) so should be a fun few days

running and potentially the pub later

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Good luck Mr W. Last day this wk and it's calm ish, keeping head down. Currently dry here but how long for I know not. After yesterday's wetness around here we don't need anymore. Still wet from last night's cross-country club run, at least the wetness washed the mud off the trainers.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Afternoon Bracketeers,

Up way too early for a slightly cool and overcast drive and pedal into The Big Smoke. Powered through the morning with coffee and Scotch Egg fuel, now stopping for lunch before round 2 of meetings. The ride back this evening should be a bit warmer so will ditch the jacket.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

You def haven't brought your 'summer' component with you. Piddling down here in CD, though was grey but dry over in Dumfries this forenoon. Should be less miserable from Friday onwards.

Had better get some indoor fettling done, rather than just buxxer about on t'interweb.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

Another day of orifice based fun. Busy as always, talk of putting more work my way and would I be able to free up some time. I answered honestly, funny how honest answers can upset people. Were you being honest TLW?

Had to drive in and drop the car in for service. Needs discs and pads, which I was expecting, only other issue is a CV gaiter so not too bad. Brakes will definitely be useful when driving down a few alps next month. Can wave at HD if he's in Menaggio as we pass.

Good luck with the op and the undergarments Webboo.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Picked the car up, that was an expensive bill, but would have been 4 figures were it not for discounted parts and mate's rates.

• Wasn't too wet in the morning but went from damp to drookit a bit later, in dry hotel in CD now, deciding when we need go foraging for food.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Ah, late read, you'll be just down the hill a bit. Prob too late for this but Olive Retreat on King St...

• Webboo2

The skiddy ones will be for the next 6 weeks as I attempt to wipe my arse with wrong hand.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Haha! Yeah, I recall that when I royally fecked my shoulder and damaged nerves into my right hand. Had to use left hand for every thing. You'd best get some wet wipes ready. It's gonna be messy for a while. Shaving was tricky too. Many nicks and cuts. Try signing a check with the wrong hand lol

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2

Fortunately I have a beard and who signs checks these days. Mind writing my appointments on the calendar was fairly challenging.