Giro 2024:- Stage 15: Manerba del Garda – Livigno (Mottolino), 222.0km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762
    edited May 19

Edit. I don't like the giro-e.

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310

looks like it’s going to be a pointless stage… probably Pog will attack in the last 3 km and gain 40 seconds.

Hopefully Tiberi will gain over Thomas

left the forum March 2023
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706

What an odd comment. I assume you are trolling.

Gaining time on Thomas won’t get him onto the podium. He first has to catch O’Connor and Martinez.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

This is a serious hill

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Will anyone take it up

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

UAE picking up steam? Getting most out of their rouleurs now

• mididoctors

Storer looking good

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

I don’t see how anyone can call a stage as attritional as this pointless. Even if it doesn’t give any huge gaps it will impact how riders are going for the rest of the race.

• ugo.santalucia

I think the Mortirolo comes too early, also it is the relatively easier side from Edolo. Final climb is not very enticing, so it will be all about the last few Km to Livigno. Not the first time a stage is badly designed.

That said, there is not a lot anyone can do to change the course of the race, Pog is just on a different planet.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

I'm of the opinion that a race doesn't need an iconic climb to make a difference. Any proper climb can cause time splits if ridden hard enough. That said, steep will benefit lightweight riders more than a long drag; whatever climb it is.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors

This break is fading fast

• ugo.santalucia

whenever Mortirolo was done the other way round, with finish at Aprica, we have always seen good GC action… I don’t know why they do not stick with something that works

• mididoctors

Ullrichs nephew apparently

• mididoctors

This is exhausting

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Ganna was looking ridiculously comfortable but then parked up. Wouldn’t want to play him at poker.

• mididoctors

Nairo

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

Pog is insatiable

• mididoctors

Lol

• mididoctors

Like there standing still

• mididoctors

Nairo

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

Pog gaining so quickly he's taking more than a second out of Nairo every second.

• mididoctors

The guys a freak

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

This is glorious scenery.

• mididoctors

Nairo

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

I thought Quintana Roo might hold him off for a bit.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mididoctors

Nairo

• mididoctors

Not nairo

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

You know when you've been Pogged

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 19

Geraint Thomas is going to win this Giro because some crazy Slovenian fan is going to knock Pogacar off.

Twitter: @RichN95
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

Kelly coming out with some pearlers.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18