sunday proving pineapple is an irreducible representation of the theory of everything

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

on the verge of nippy, gloomygrey, hope the sun comes out

ride, cafes, maybe a stroll, laze, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Blue sky and golden orb here. Doing a charity walk with the family and mutt somewhere nice. Ride out later as planted all the bedding plants the OH got, me time. Mustn't forget sun cream otherwise I'll look like a ripe tomato.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Charity 'walk' ?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Morning Accapareurs

Cloudy windy sort of foggy weather; not jolly.

That Shafernaker bloke lied.

Coffee...

Laters

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning

Sunny and windy. Just been up the ladders to clean the gutters and attempted to fix the loose headset on my bike. It’s looking like it needs a new one. Not sure what today holds as I’m feeling a bit weary, might just sit in the sun and read.

• Misty now, supposed to clear later, gardening and wait for NZ based pal to arrive for cycling this week.

• pinno

British bloke in Kiwi land? Has he started swapping e's with u's?

• sungod

sun came out a bit, warmers and gilet off

stroll, bask or laze

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    edited May 19

'Tis nice out so when I've finished lazing and supping coffee we'll head out somewhere with the hounds. Last day of the PL today so may follow the goings on later.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Morning all.

Beautiful day here. Warm and sunny. Out to test post covid legs on some hills. Ok-ish. Hard work. Shorts & short sleeves with sunblock.

Now resting with a cuppa in the garden. Might do some driving practice with sprog#2.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

Traditional slow start was enjoyed, that was followed by very light pottering. Now recovering from all the exertion with a coffee.

Nice out now, might go for a short waddle at some point.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Collected son from sleepover, tried to convince wifey she’s not dying of covid, 2 hours later miraculously she’s perfectly fine. Some gardening done, pork belly prep soon and watch some footie.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Yep. Hearing Mutts for the Deaf. Very enjoyable walk at a very nice stately pile. Raised a few spondolies for them.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • sungod

pleasant bask, just enough time to relax before bubbly

• photonic69

Sprog#2 driving is really coming on. Minimal use of the "Jesus handles".

Currently 3-3 in our Sunday Backgammon tournament. She knows all my moves since I taught her.

• pinno
    edited May 19

Pleasant ride in the late appearing sun though breezy. However, the strong TWH lead to some high speeds. Time for a power nap.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

8 miles with rent-a-dog around some reservoirs today, currently soaking up the last rays in the garden with a chilled V&T.

Duck breast for dinner.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

Not that you need any tips but I start my scored skin duck breast in a cold pan and gently increase the heat. Gives the skin a chance to release some fat rather than sealing it in on a high heat. Quick sear on the meat side once the skin is crisp then in the oven skin side down for a few mins. Rest and yum.

• seanoconn

Think I’m over sun bathing, couple of dodgy moles removed doesn’t help but always found it a bit tedious. Happy to be doing things in the sun, or sitting watching the sun do its business from the shade.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Cheers @seanoconn simple pan cooked tonight with a fresh salad and some chunky little spicy potatoes.

banging ride by Pog today, guy’s a machine!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Just a wee bit, sounds more English when he's over here!

• pinno

My brother lives there and when he comes over talking funny, I start taking the puss.

• He does carry a bicpic.

• photonic69

Being a Kiwi does he oil his dick?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

An Aussie mate of mine once said that they only filmed 'Lord of the Rings' in New Zealand because they didn't have to put loads of make-up on the extras.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]