• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

sunny start, cloudy later

coffee wfh stroll or ride wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Physically at work but mind has left body, easing myself into the weekend. Lovely day out. 10 peddling miles ahead of webboo atm 😎

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Morning Slacksters and Workerites,

In the office early so I can get this done and feck off early to enjoy some beers in the garden this evening. Traffic nightmare with roadworks added 20 mins to a 20 min drive. Back on the bike next week for sure.

Enjoy.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning

About to head to the car dealers to take the bike rack back. As the brackets that hold the bikes don’t lock and one ratchets that holds the wheel is stuck. Later is telephone appointment with a nurse from the hospital re my op.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    edited May 17

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Early finish as it's Friday and then back home to try and sort out the karcher that's in bits in the garage.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,619

Yeah, how dare he challenge the Chuck Norris of East Yorkshire endurance cycling! Handbags at dawn...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,619

Morning Gen X'ers and Boomers (I think that covers everyone),

Bit of a lie in by weekday standard then powering through the last day of the week with cheap coffee. Junior lands back from uni for a few weeks tonight so Mrs. 666 is in stressbag mode, although not sure what's going to be so stressful about cooking food and using the washing machine.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Foggy this morning but thankfully cleared up a bit when I pedalled in. Brightening up and less humid now so should be nice later.

Might even show my face at the local TT although it's a lot of money to pay to finish last.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

I thought that about every event I've entered but never have.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

Shirking from home which makes a pleasant change after a rather irksome week. The old dear is off to Italy again this afternoon so I get a few weeks of relative peace.

Back is still playing up, but going to see an osteopath this afternoon so hoping for some improvement after that.

Might go to a pub later.

• pinno

Have you got a bar to swing on? I find this de-compresses the spine and provides relief; sometimes it's a fix and others, just relief. Thankfully, the winter's abs work has meant that my back has been fine since November.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

He's going to the pub later. I guess it depends how much he drinks if he's going to be swinging off the bar at the end of the night...

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
  • pinno

Eurosport response to my problem:

Thank you for your response.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused. I understand that you're experiencing issues while streaming the content. No worries, I am here to help you.

After checking my resources, I see we are currently getting more customers with the same issue, and we are keeping a track of it to get a workaround on this.

Furthermore, once we receive an update on this I will quickly reach out with an update, requesting you to allow us sometime.

Highly appreciated your patience in this matter.

So it's not me or my settings.

• pinno

Glossed a shelf first thing to give it as much time to stop stinking as possible.

Binned the ride as tomorrow's weather looks better and it looked iffy so cut the gras and then went for a jolly in the Porker to the café that's nearly in the sticks.

Tonight it's Home made Chicken kebabs and alcofrol.

Donated money to Beans malevolent fund I mean IFAW (the hairy plonker is well spoilt innit).

Perfect day.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Ache-ing, again, hot soak to come. First coldie being enjoyed. Groundworks now making progress, glad the soil has finally returned from the mud it was for months past. The big skip now pretty well full, get it lifted Monday or Tuesday hopefully. Starting actually to tick off items on the looong list of outside things-to-do.

Bring on summer. Oh, the summer solstice is 34 days away...

• Nice sunny evening, decided to walk to the local for a drink, had one and then thought light as well eat there , save cooking when we got back! V tasty flat iron steak. Found out it was steak night, 2 steak and chips and a bottle of wine £25 - result. Also had a pint of Gold Run from Durty Brewing in Innerleithen - excellent!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

I entered a CX race, all the people I knew were in the age group below mine, so I entered that. My sole aim was not to come last. Come race day I had a stinking cold and I hadn't ridden a bike in a few weeks after my old man had popped his clogs. I came second last, but had a smile on my face.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Years ago I entered a XC race. Everyone else was on 29" hardtails or CX bikes and I was there on a full susser. I was left standing on the start line but managed to catch up and overtake about half the field.

I ended up finishing second to last because all but 1 of those I passed DNFd 😕

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    edited May 18
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

What's happening on the solstice 'Loon? Are you having a druids party?