Giro 2024:- Stage 6: Torre del Lago Puccini – Rapolano Terme, 180.0km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

That's a pretty small window of time to play with ... Bracketing that gap would be impressive finessing

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Everyone looks stuffed ... The start was harder than it looksed ...and it didn't look easy

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Gap melting

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

Comments like this about Thomas really annoy me. Pogacar and Vingegaard are miles clear of everyone, then there's Roglic (based on previous years). Other than that no one has proven they're better than Thomas and only Evenepoel has a claim to being as good.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Looked good for a while, but now the three are dodging turns every time.

Attacks on the climb though

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

They are right on them

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648

JA looks overgeard on this.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

Pog's going to give it a go, isn't he?

• rick_chasey

Thomas not that well positioned but shouldn't matter.

• mididoctors

Bardet

• mididoctors

Nobody has it

• mididoctors

Going to be insanely close

• No_Ta_Doctor

Piccolo attack, UAE leave him

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479

Sanchez!

• No_Ta_Doctor

Wow! Sanchez takes it from Alaphilippe

• mididoctors

Well I never

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

From the point he dropped himself from that group at the roundabout but managed to get it all back together he looked strongest. Well played him.

• mididoctors
    edited May 9

G had issues there but stayed in the mix ....

• No_Ta_Doctor

That was an absolutely cracking stage, and if Ineos wanted Pog in pink with no bonus seconds then they got it. Finesse!

• No_Ta_Doctor

DK coms wondered if there was a mechanical of some sort - Ineos were all out of position when they entered the climb

• rick_chasey

JA looked very laboured in the final 10km

• mididoctors

I don't really understand what happened in that race

• mididoctors

The pink jersey group looked knackered on general .. ineos were strong but fell to bits on the final climb

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

No they didn't. Thomas had an issue, and was further back than he would've liked, so they knocked it off. They had three riders in the front group at the finish.

• mididoctors
  • mididoctors

Pog feeling the heat ?

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

All the GC riders were terrified of the stage and just wanted to get it over with. Every other team wanted to get in the break, but it was flat at the start and wasn't happening.

I think Pog was trying to lose the jersey when it looked like it was possible, though it wouldn't have done much good as he'd still be KoM and would probably be back in pink after tomorrow's TT

Ineos also had Narvaez in play for the stage on the final climb, but i the end I think there was a reason it was uncategorized. A nasty little kick, but too short to be much use

• No_Ta_Doctor