Giro 2024:- Stage 6: Torre del Lago Puccini – Rapolano Terme, 180.0km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

Not that lined out ..ineos lead the peloton.... Dust storm

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Ineos drilling it

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Nicely done by Ineos, got the whole team in first

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

Ganna doing his stuff

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704

A bit of a split. Nothing serious

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160

I'm having an asthama attack just looking at that dust cloud.

• mididoctors

Ineos are in danger of taking pog to the stage win

• Pross

Ganna getting dropped is a surprise, saving it for tomorrow?

• mididoctors

Crash

• Pross

Thomas looked to be dragging a few away just before that minor crash behind.

• mididoctors

Martinez o Conner held up

• Pross

Actuall it was Arensman

• blazing_saddles

Rubio did more damage there than Arensman is causing

• mididoctors

Riders everywhere..... More off the back racing than pure speed

• mididoctors

Arensmen is the man dictating pace

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

The speed all the groups are going is still insane. If the three out front manage to survive it will be a great effort.

• mididoctors

reduced peloton ...no one wants to control ...break at 1:30

• No_Ta_Doctor

Honoré attacks from the peloton, there's just over 1'30" to jump across

• No_Ta_Doctor

UAE now controlling - was all the INEOS work just keeping safe at the front?

• No_Ta_Doctor

Honoré has a broken rib btw. It's one of the top ones, so "not dangerous" apparently

• mididoctors

Peloton slowing down... Break looks more likely

• No_Ta_Doctor

THe chasing group (dropped riders from the break) are falling back, the front three (Alan Philip, Plapp and Sanchez) going out, 2'20" to the peloton now

Honoré still has a minute and a half to close

• mididoctors

UAe looking to let this go

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655

Blythe gets better colour out of Sean.

• mididoctors
    edited May 9

Sign of weakness by UAE if you ask me

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

Movistar guy surely needs to stop even pretending to work fairly soon. Going to get mugged by Alaphilippe anyway, might as well be ready for it.

• No_Ta_Doctor

They're holding at 2'30", enough to make sure nobody else tries to jump. I think a lot of time will come back on the last gravel section then the killer little climb near the end

• mididoctors

The intergiro is the mornington crescent of cycle racing classifications

• blazing_saddles

Every tv ad break, Hatch is promoting a Discovery + subscription.

Of course he isn’t mentioning the cost, or the fact that it’s over double what it cost, last year.