sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

stroll cafes coffee cake wine port bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Early start for a Sunday, off to a relatively local lake complex where bacon is on offer.

pub last night with a mate who’s wife is on the same holiday as my mrs. He has a couple of frozen pizzas ready. I on the other hand have just cracked a nice Malbec to air and put a small lamb shoulder in the oven on timer ready for when I get home.

i may be home alone but I’m not living like a hobo.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Slow start..... meal with neighbours last night, several bottles of red, feel surprisingly OK

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

I presume the 'several bottles' was shared out between the others?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Funny. I had home made Pizza washed down with a surprisingly good Australian Shiraz.

Must catch up on Yesterday's Giro action.

First; coffee

Later; ride in the gloom

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Looks like pizza was De-rigueur yesterday. I slummed it with shop brought stuff crust with numerous bottles of lager. Just getting to go to local heritage place that's having a Rolls Royce meet and steaming it's big engines. Weather is looking lovely out, blue sky and golden orb. Back later to look at putting 1 bike on fleebay to appease the OH.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618

No pizza here last night, must be the odd one out. Chilling for now, out with the hounds after lunch then will try a gentle spin - pulled muscle or whatever it is seems a bit better but don't want to tempt fate.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First one or two shared, 3rd and 4th mainly by 2 of us.

• pinno
  • pinno

Cool ride. Misty and foggy in bits. Sun came out for all of 5 mins.

So many hills. Knackered.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

Weird, we did pizza last night too, from a travelling van type one locally which does nice food. Very rare we do, but...

Minor chores here for the day, in prep for builder tomorrow to finally get on with retaining wall job. Only been a few months....

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Afternoon.

A bit slower start today and summer seems to have arrived bringing with it lots of little flying things. Managed to do some climbing and lift a few weights despite feeling yesterdays efforts. Also had a stroll across the village to change a few books at the book swop thing. I think it’s now time to watch the cycling. Do I watch the Giro or the Belgian race or the French cup or the lady’s Spanish race or Fridays lady’s French cup.

• pinno