sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

today i shall mostly be lazing with ladies and bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Brake bleeding later assuming the little kit arrives in time. If it doesn’t I can sort some other man stuff out.

in the meantime, work and a site meeting.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning

Rather murky here. Out with the Boomers not sure where we are going as the ride leader is having cry off to look after his mother who’s taken a tumble.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

'Ride leader' ?! You're not exactly nursery age.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Morning les garnements

Gopping all day yesterday. Today looking grim but not raining. Forecasters had this all wrong last week.

F*ck cutting grass even if it does dry up. i'm pedalling. Bye April, you've been a bit sh*t.

Much coffee needed.

Laters

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Nice yesterday but 10 days of rain on forecast 😕 And cut the grass you lazy toerag.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

They pick the cafe and the route. That way your not standing around at the meeting spot for an hour arguing where to go.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Just assembled a nice new heavy duty 'leccy mower to do our garden as the old one died and was too small and weedy anyway. Now waiting for the bloody grass to dry out a bit.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Morning wasters and mowing dodgers,

Another day working in the cave, will pop out to the post office later as junior needs some stuff that she helpfully left behind when she want back to uni. Before that, coffee beckons...

• pinno
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Morning shysters

Brightening up here after gloomy start

Wish this covid would do one. Feel clammier than a bad oyster at a seafood bar on an unchilled platter in the full sun.

Confined to barracks. No tv. CBA to use laptop. Radio is shite mostly. Bah! Humbug.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    edited May 1

You're paying for your sins. Let the lord into your life and you can seek redemption - save yourself from the fires of hell and eternal damnation, free of the shackles of sin and the iniquities of evil.

#pastorpinno

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

It looks bright an dry out so may venture out at some point

I woke to find the PF had visited my trail bike. I have silicon liners between the tube and the tyre, they have worked really well in the past. This particular time one did not, a hawthorn went straight through. Held it fast so I got home and didn’t know until this morning.

Does anybody have experience of these things – does silicon lose its ability to resist sharp objects over time?

I don’t mind replacing them as there cheap things from china anyway and have saved me from dozens of repairs

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Yes oh Lord, I must repent for oft 'conducting myself in the solo symphony'.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Work snizzle and hoping my ankle repairs itself without me doing anything

• seanoconn

What he said ^^

ill bring you some lucozade and a pack of weather’s original.

• Stevo_666

A bacon sarnie cures most things.

• pinno
  • pinno

2 GI's sat on the bench spoiled the shot so I had to take it from a different angle.

• pinno

Nice ride. Cool wind out, sun and wind on my back on way back. Too little clothing followed by too much clothing. You can't win but so nice to be out in the sunshine.

Now to pack Rocky Rocket off for shipment. Sniff.

Bye bye babe. From this:

To this:

• pinno

But my other thing is back on the road and roaring.

• pinno

Wtf are you talking about? What's 'PF' ?

Bloody younger generation.

• Stevo_666

Another one of your cars failed it MOT then? 😀

• seanoconn
  • pinno

Waaay back in 'Naam, '63 I think it was...

Wrong Jackanory. Start again. Back in the mid 90's, some bright spark decided to put all the parts data onto CD Rom from the old microfiche parts catalogue. Wait for it... from 1985 onwards and RR was built in 1984. Getting parts for it was a mare, even though I had the original serial plate. It got to the point that the main blade spindle wore out and became unobtainable. I was given a catalogue is thick as an old London yellow pages which was just spindles, bearings and pulleys and trying to x reference was impossible. The main deck carriage pins and retainers were worn too. Gearbox brake assembly (which was an alu casting on the box housing sheered off (old alu).

It's a sought after chassis for the mower racing boys and the guy who bought it has an identical one. He's doing a 4+4 which is an 8 hour endurance race with a break in the middle, weekend of the 11th May.

Here's his:

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Haha I’m hardly that.  I could of done with that mower the saffto it would have saved me a lot o bovver

PF = Puncture Fairies   

I'm sure I've picked that expression up from somewhere on here

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

I've seen these lawnmower nutters and they're loonies. They don't half motor when there fettled a bit.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

A busy day of shirking from home, had to take the old dear to sort her finances out so that was a 2 hour lunchbreak. Today being Wednesday I shall be heading out ot a local hostelry, I'd better be wary of drunk posting as the 1 hour editing time limit I've just been reminded of could cause problems.

I was considering tyre liners rather than something like Gatorskins for the pub hack as getting the back wheel off is a pain in the aris' with the bolt on hub geared axle.

Are you sure that's Scotland Pinno? Looks far too bright.

• seanoconn
  • Stevo_666

Sorry CC, no idea. I'd never even heard of these silicon liners 'till you mentioned them tbh.