'ning

it's still the winter of our discontent

ride cafes laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les cloporte

Bit cloudy but forecast is that it will brighten up. Was going to go for an early pedal start but the grey put me off. I guess i'll just have to drink more coffee whilst I wait a bit.

Yesterday was stunning. Went to the cafe in the sticks in the Porker sans Mrs P. That way I could ogle the service ladies unhindered

L-B-L after after.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615

Coffee being consumed here also, up too early on account of hounds wanting to go out. Unlike me, they can just go back to sleep after their first dump of the day. Lucky mutts.

Looks fresh and breezy out there for our Tour de North West Kent this afternoon. PX is prepped and ready to roll slowly.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Better than forecast ( not raining yet....), friends 40th wedding celebration later, no cycling....

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

brrr, sunny/cloudy, pain au choc necessary to provide extra calories to combat the cold wind

roads a bit quieter, probably people avoiding the running horde

laze until bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Probably tidy up the garden today as it’s dry and warm. Is wiggle still alive? I need some bits

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Frkkin raining.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    edited April 21

Morning folks,

Start wasn't as slow as I'd like as SiL arriving shortly so I had to help tidy and buy some scoff. Now bracing myself for some dull conversation and lots of "ooooh!" noises. Off to the old dear's after that.

I'll certainly enjoy a beer this evening.

Try Merlin HD, I tend to use them most nowadays. Think they had Shimano XT rotors on offer. Uberbike for pads. How are the aches and pains?

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

cheek is swollen and bruised, might see if I can see the district nurse tomorrow as I’m not sitting in A&E all day. Friend who helped dress it yesterday said it might need gluing to close it up.

Thanks got the shop tips, I’ll be on that this afternoon.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Afternoon

Now back from the west, been for a ride and although it looks like spring out there it doesn’t feel like it. Later will be watching some cycling.

• pinno

Got fed up of waiting for the weather to improve so decided to go anyway. Got a bit soggy and was blessed with 2 mins of sunshine.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Good day in regards of finishing a race and then in various pubs, bad day because course makings cost me a podium 🤬

• Stevo_666

Ride shortened a bit to 68k after my mate changed the planned route, but still a good if slightly fresh ride round the lanes.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

1/3 of the way home after a coastal Vlaanderen loong weekend. Man it was windy. Knokke, Blankenberge, De Haan and Ostende all visited and bars various tested, v handy coastal tram line used a lot. Then a lunchtime stop off today at the other end in De Panne. Nice place but got barsteward parking ticketed, issued at 6 mins over the expiry time, someone was watching and waiting, all 3 cars got done. My first ticket in at least 30 years...

Now just past Ricky boy's territory for an overnight on the Prem Inn bed.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

Bench was occupied by fishermen people thingy wotsits.

• Stevo_666