friday is it future or is it past

'ning

cold, looking cloudy

coffee wfh and laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Windy out, but nice walking hounds for a change.

work stuff and then gym session with a trainer then off to a party

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les marmottes

Some brightness with some dark grey gloom over there.

Today is still here I think SG. Beans is very disappointed in you.

Coffee

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Windy and cba. Think I've got the plague/manflu. Was raining when I got to work, forecast to brighten up later.

Looking forward to tales of @pinno and Bean's birthday debauchery last night.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Busy week now finished. Car packed and bike on roof ready for the Dirty Reiver tomorrow. North here I come. Sadly damp and grey here and oop north till later. Nice bright but cold weather for tomorrow, hopefully the forecast is correct. Enjoy your wkend folks.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno

It all kicked off at 23.26 hundred hours.

Beans brought me a trophy. A mark of his strength, prowess, power and stealth; so small it was hard to spot in his furry maw. Then he proceeded to drop this infant mouse, barely 2" in length. In an act of mouseanthropia, I elected to save the mouse and so it was a race. Beans would lift the mouse and then drop it randomly. I told mouse that it would be far better for him that I catch him than Beans, except the mouse didn't listen. and so we proceeded to try and simultaneously out with each other and outwit the mouse.

5 minutes of hurried pandemonium later, I had a mouse in a cloth and popped him outside. Beans was none the wiser and carried on searching for it in the living room. I gave Beans some Dreamies and praise to maintain his ego

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    edited April 19

happy Friday!

Little delicate after visit to pub yesterday. Off to see Stranger things in the theatre later with the family.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wet when woke up, now sunny, friends over for lunch so no riding.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

you should hear what he told me after you stole his birthday mouse

• pinno

You can complain to the complaints dept. but the complaints dept. is shut.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,616

Busy morning but got stuff done that was needed. Flogged another watch so off down the post office in a bit to send it on its merry way. Suspect that sauna and cider will figure later, but probably not at the same time.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited April 19

Ran 6km last night, @tlw1 may scoff but it's a massive achievement for me moving forward however It's (my knee) clicking louder than my Pro four hub this morning 😒

May supplement the gin stocks on the way home.

Riding is planned over the weekend but no idea where, may resort to a route planner for a change of scenery.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
  • pinno

WD40. Although I do have some mighty fine 80w/90 transaxle gearbox oil which you're welcome to.

• Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

I think I need to nip into the workshop and bodge a grease nipple in there somehow.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Afternoon.

Started off nice and sunny but as we got todays destination on the Yorkshire Sculpture Park it pissed down. A debate ensued as to whether we should chance the weather chanced it and had an enjoyable day. Initially dodging showers but gradually improving weather wise. Lots of art looked and bit of walking as well.

Later is the pub for tea.

• sungod

rain stopped, still a bit of sun peeking out

stroll time, got invited by jlc for drinkies and ogling their new watches at harrods, hope there's bubbly, otherwise will have to go for a bubbly

• pinno

Porker now has MOT !!!!! No advisories. Wahey!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Just finishing off after a busy day of WFH, wandered out briefly at lunchtime to have a blood test. Turns out I do have some blood. Been an odd week at work, don't know any more than I did this time last week. But things seem to be on the up, even if only because people are more optimistic.

What was the watch you sold Stevo? My cousin's Rolex didn't sell so I am currently in posession of a Rolex, think my JLC is nicer though. Will never sell that one given it was the old man's. The warranty booklet for it was stamped with the date, but not they year. So I know he bought it on the 24th September, we think it was 1970. Does that mean it has an everlasting warranty? Hope you get bubbly SG, they can afford it. Please ask about the everlasting warranty. Although it was bought in Milan.

Better go, time to head to the pub.

• Stevo_666
    edited April 19

Nothing fancyV, it was a Hamilton, hot on the heels of a Junghans that I never really wore. Am also in the process of getting shot of one of my Balls (oo-er). Clearing the decks as quite fancy a Speedy Moonwatch (bigger and simpler version for that ie your cousin has/had).

Good luck with a warranty claim :)

• pinno

MS02 grease is my preference. CV joints and the like.

• sungod
    edited April 19

yes, several glasses, most convivial, spent an hour in the private viewing room having a natter with the chap i know there, even looked at the lovely watches, i think there was a queue outside :)

fwiw mine is 8 year warranty, doubt they ever did a lifetime warranty as these things will always need servicing

you could try emailing jlc to see if they can tell you, but i think pulling archive info may not be a freebie

you can try registering it and see if it pops up any info, though i'm not sure if it'll recognise old serial numbers... https://services.jaeger-lecoultre.com/en/register/manual or try the service calculator to see if it reveals anything... https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/gb-en/services/service-price-calculator

otherwise you could try a watch forum, some people acquire lists of serial numbers

• sungod
    edited April 19
  • Did you ask him about the astronomical JLC price increases SG?

@veronese68 the market has dropped off, even for Rolex. Is he looking to maximise his money or just sell it and take a hit? If the latter, I have found Subdial to be a good place to sell higher end watches. Fair offers and a hassle free sale.

• Stevo_666

MG, interesting - have you bought from Subdial? Am looking at a watch on their website.

• I have only sold to them Stevo, but far and away the easiest online platform/dealer I have dealt with. Would imagine buying is a similarly straightforward process.

Based on what they have paid me versus their final sale price, they are not adding massive markups either so for a buyer I think they are selling at fair market prices. They do also allow you to make an offer on watches.

• Stevo_666
    edited April 19

Cheers MG, good to know. I saw the option to make an offer and am thinking about how much to try and chip them. Asking price does not look at all silly though, having looked on places like Chrono24.

• pinno

4 years and I dunno how many hours of work + money and all you lot talk about is frikkin over priced chronometers.

• Stevo_666

Philistine. Anyhow, it won't be overpriced once I've haggled a bit 🙂

• sungod

luckily got mine before the last big increase, he'd told me it was coming and they had one of the models i liked

general opinion seems to be that it's driven from above by richemont - exploiting shortage to hike prices, imo some of the vacherons are now absolutely ridiculous

probably going to bite them in the end, combined with waiting times that are still long, people will look elsewhere