wednesday chants out between two worlds

'ning

brrr

coffee wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Morning all, back in the warm office today where tea and coffee is aplenty!

Gym later.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les hydrocarbure

Bit breezy and grey and chilly. I thought those people from the met orifice said it was all change on Wednesday as we are moving into warm air. Lying baskets.

Chores and stuff to do today unfortunately.

Regards to @beansnikpoh

Coffee is well gone innit. Maybe have another.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

2 degrees here. No Boomers ride as I have had to be around for boiler man. This is the second one yesterday the guy who serviced it last week came out but said he couldn’t see what was wrong with it without replacing parts. So he said we need to call out the engineer from the manufacturer as the boiler is still under warranty. So I have the second boiler man here at the moment who’s opening words were after I recounted the story were “ Did you say to him it was working fine till you serviced it”

I guess getting a call out to sort out a problem created by someone else might pee you off a bit.

Hopefully he will be finished before the forecasted rain so I can get out for a ride.

• homers_double

Next forseeable ride is Saturday as the weather looks half decent. Or have I just put a jinx on it?

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Looks OK from Friday here. Laze today, at a 60th Birthday yesterday, a few beers. Cut grass, wash car and van

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double

😣

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

As I'm trying to sort a ride on the weekend as well, so it's bound to piss down now.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Busy morning in the cave, worked up a bit of an appetite so just deciding what to scoff for lunch. Winter seems to trying for a last blast as Mrs. 666 has tuned the central heating on again.

• Stevo_666
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Ignored the weather forecast of doom and gloom and the torrential rain at home for an enjoyable park and ride to the office.

Hoping that it stays reasonably dry for the ride back.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in despite events conspiring against me. Had a major visit from the fairy on the way home last night, loud pop and almost instant deflation as a large nail went through the tyre. I wasn't far form home so walked the rest of the way to repair in comfort, nail had gone through both sides of the tube and into the rim tape. It already had 7 patches in it so was retired. New tube in and all sorted. Got up this morning to find it was flat again, will investigate properly when I get back but I suspect a dodgy valve. New tube in and still holding air now. When i initially tried to set off there was bright sunshine, 10 minutes later when I actually set off it started to rain. Thankfully traffic was awful so it was still quicker than driving.

Nothing much happening at work since the purchase, top brass from both companies are too busy posturing and saying how important they are to actually get on with things.

Pub later as it's Wednesday.

Good to see B³, even if he has shuffled off.

• Stevo_666
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

strange amount of likes for beans’s passing.

Oh well, bagsie his Le creuset, knife block and Mrs beans, minus the gammy foot.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Parked up in a definitely not a greater London postcode part of Kent hotel, en route Vlaanderen tomorrow morning. Easy enough journey down, enjoying all the spring weather etc. Not. It's the spring break, we ride hire bikes from bar to bar in shorts and T-shirts! Forecasting pants weather, max 10 and N winds. Oh well, bar to bar it is then, by tram / train instead of bikes. How to keep fit, innit.

• Stevo_666

Minus the gammy foot: so a bit like Heather Mills then?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Long day in the offices book ended with a pre and post work run, basically anything to avoid spending time in a Viking themed room at the hotel 🙄

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Fun night at the boozer, a couple of friends that haven't been around much lately made it, then the french contingent managed to join for last orders fresh from Gatwick.

A bit of fun when the rather lovely barmaid shrieked and called friends dog a pervert, he went to say hello and stuck his nose straight up her skirt. They do say it's a dog's life 😂

• Stevo_666

One of our hounds like to sniff ladies bottoms very close up when they visit. Quite funny watching some of the reactions when he catches them unawares. We don't think we can train him not to do it 😇

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666