wednesday's pineapples are all made by balmain

'ning

usual weather

busy day, coffee, kill, maybe nip out and treat myself to rather splendid balmain shirt, plus coffee+biccie, catch up with doctor, don't mention the bubbly, meet up with wealth manager for more tax avoidance, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning SG and all sleepy heads. Usual early start with definite cba to ride in today. Don't fancy fighting gusty crosswinds expected later and the traffic. Running later so will get hot and sweaty from that anyway. Good luck with the quack Mr S.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

in theory today is wind down day. In reality it’s organised chaos.

one more blink and it’s airport beers time!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Current wife’s birthday, as I got back from my ride late last night and drunk after drinking on the train I had to get out early to get a card and a few extra presents.

day out with the kids and a nice seafood lunch planned, should be a giggle

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

où est @pinno d'antan?

perhaps beans has dragged him up into a tree to eat later

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Anyone been watching Shōgun on Disney+? It's awesome. I'm hanging on each new episode.

Lots of office-based work shenanigans for me recently.

Boned and stuffed (spicy Italian sausage & herbs) some chicken legs at the weekend, which was amazing, even if I say so myself. Made a vat of pasta sauce for the freezer too.

Bike is out of deep storage. Tyres have been pumped, chain oiled, brakes tested.

Unfortunately I'm off for a funeral tomorrow, an old friend's mum. Chance to catch up with a few people, but sad nonetheless.

Easter in Porlock, dodging rain I expect.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617

I reckon his coke snorting ex-tenant has finally tracked him down.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Busy morning, stopping for a spot of lunch before on to round 2 and more meetings. Tomorrow's pedalling might get scuppered by rain and wind, but the Eater weekend is looking 'patchy'.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

stroll another day as it's belting down again, hope it'll stop before i head off to get wined, dined and talk tax

might look into exploiting maga suckers eager for trump tat, seems like easy money is to be made

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Managed a wobble into work as it was quite bright but a little blowy earlier. The wind helped cover the after effects of beer and curry. SG, did you keep going on the tawny after bubbly with the ladies? A friend of mine was once thanked by his doctor for answering the "how much do you drink?" question honestly. But was then told he was drinking far too much. I told him it wasn't the drinking but the counting that was the problem.

Just had pizza and cakes in the boardroom as someone is retiring, that saved me going out into the now rather wet weather. Hope it stops by 5.30.

Being a Wednesday I will have to go to a local hostelry later.

Onwards and upwards...

• homers_double

Early finish mission 100% complete!

I won't bother you all with the specifics but my new travel fishing rod arrived and it's a little belter so I treated it to a new reel rather than the old tatty one I had reserved for it.

Bought some lures too. Now awaiting hair cut time slot for later and finalise shennanagins. No bubbly, well, maybe a bit but aiming to be in bed for 8 at the latest!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Afternoon

Been out on the boomers ride stayed dry for once although it was a touch breezy. Now catching up on the cycling.

• sungod

just a smidge

i considerably lowball the intake at healthchecks, still get told i drink too much :)

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

3 episodes of Shogun, quality watch so far. Hopefully a pinch more sex and beheadings in future episodes.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh

I think I'm actually in love with Mariko. Considering telling Mrs B³ that I'm running off with her.

• seanoconn
  • seanoconn

It would be pretty cool to be a Lord during Edo period Japan. All that servitude and obedience 🤩

• beansnikpoh

True. I like it when she gets stroppy about matters of etiquette.

• beansnikpoh

Agreed. I think the social structures can still be quite rigid.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Just told the EPO I think we should watch Shogun. Apparently she's been watching it when I've been out gadavanting! Bloody cheeky 🙄😂

• Stevo_666

OK, so basically you lot are only watching Shogun because it's got a fit burd in it who does as she's told. Might have to take a peek 😀

• homers_double

Okuma, it won’t get used much. And no, they don’t.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

You’ll be disappointed if you’re tuning in for the totty but it’s well worth a watch. 9.1 on IMdB which is unusually high.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

I remember watching the original and also reading the book.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.